Does DPH42 require power inserter?

Ward J

Original poster
Feb 18, 2015
Simpsonville, SC
I recently obtained a Hopper 3 to replace a well used Hopper 2. The installer used a DPH hybrid LNBF that receives only 61.5 and 72.7. I would like to also receive the 77 sat. He advised that I must use the DPH LNBF's and they do not make one that receives the 77 sat. However it looks like if I use the DPH42 switch, I can use my old 1000.2 eastern arc LNBF that receives all three of these sats. All the DPH42 installation diagrams show the use of a power inserter. Found the DPH42 on SolidSignal.com, but when I called they advised that it does not come with a power inserter and that the DPH42 is directly powered by the Hopper 3. I then checked with DishDepot and they advised that their DPH42 does need the power inserter and theirs comes with it. Which is correct????? is a power inserter required to use the DPH42?

I recently obtained a Hopper 3 to replace a well used Hopper 2. The installer used a DPH hybrid LNBF that receives only 61.5 and 72.7. I would like to also receive the 77 sat. He advised that I must use the DPH LNBF's and they do not make one that receives the 77 sat. However it looks like if I use the DPH42 switch, I can use my old 1000.2 eastern arc LNBF that receives all three of these sats. All the DPH42 installation diagrams show the use of a power inserter. Found the DPH42 on SolidSignal.com, but when I called they advised that it does not come with a power inserter and that the DPH42 is directly powered by the Hopper 3. I then checked with DishDepot and they advised that their DPH42 does need the power inserter and theirs comes with it. Which is correct????? is a power inserter required to use the DPH42?
DishDepot is correct.

Tis true

Attachments

• dp2.png
    dp2.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,813
Doesn't the EA DPH LNBf have a wing satellite input? Use a Dish 300 with a DP Single LNBf and Ward should be good, right?

Edit: Yeah, like this:
EA DPH with Wing.jpg

Reactions: JSheridan
Just out of curiosity, what programming it is on the 77? I see some of you guys are using a 77 or want to be able to use the 77 and I'm not sure what's on there that you can't get on the 61 or 72? Other than Latino programming