Does G10's low TP's seem stronger?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That may help, but would have to go on top of the chimney maybe, the extra few feet in height may also help !

It will also reduce the wind load, this can be as bad as rain fade sometimes on a roof!

Attachments

• Pict0080.JPG
    Pict0080.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Pict0114.JPG
    Pict0114.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Ok John thanks it's usually about 87-90 on my coolsat but tonight its 64 the others appear ok anyway I'll check it out tomorrow, thanks again for the report.

Dave

What would be the minumum size a dish would have to be to pick up all of the weaker tps on g10r? I still haven't gotten signal on the tp with the retro jams and wngs for several weeks now, since the nearby Dish sattelite did its changes on a similar tp.

I probably can't get any new dish for a long while but do still have that old primestar. Would the Primestar give enough gain or would it be pointless and I should just wait until I can afford a much bigger dish?

I wouldn't mind a 6 ft cband some day but that ain't gonna happen as long as we live where we do. Front yard, which faces south, is just too small for it, plus the Mrs's wouldn't go for it.

noticed a little improvement tonight... think it maxed at 12-15 percent. Hope Dish keeps doing whatever they are doing to make their signal a little lower so that the g10r one comes back up. I may need to monkey around on the roof someday in the near future and try to signal tweak.

mastermesh

something isn't aimed properly. I have the same setup (well I have a Pansat 1500) and on 11720 I get a 51...on 11800 I get 78

When I go to do the tweaking would it be better to do it with the dish pointed at g10r or at my true south, IA5. If IA5, are there any weak tps on there that would be good to try to use to tweak on? I'll use 11720 if I tweak on g10r.

I would move it to G10 and try and "flex" the LNB to see if it changes

I just grab it by the dish arm (leave all bolts tight) and just see if the signal changes. That way you know before spending lots of time. I noticed my Invacom actually was off centre so the weak transponders were non existant. changed that a little bit (reinforced it) and it worked fine

Thanks Ice. I did a little tweaking last night and that helped enormously. Elevation needed a little adjusting as did skew. The 10%s went up to 60%s and the non existent channels now are showing up! Cool.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)