Does Heroes live up to the hype?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just read an interesting tidbit in TV Guide about Heroes.

"Heroes is adding enough new characters to fill the Hall of Justice. Among those coming in Season 2 are David Anders (best known as Alias badguy Sark), who will play an ancient samurai warrior, and Dominic Keating (Enterprises' Lt. Malcolm Reed) as an Irish Mobster." July 16-22 issue.

Cool!

Just read an interesting tidbit in TV Guide about Heroes.

"Heroes is adding enough new characters to fill the Hall of Justice. Among those coming in Season 2 are David Anders (best known as Alias badguy Sark), who will play an ancient samurai warrior, and Dominic Keating (Enterprises' Lt. Malcolm Reed) as an Irish Mobster." July 16-22 issue.

Cool!

Isn't David Anders a white, British guy??? And he's gonna play an ancient samurai warrior?? No Asians available for this role, or would that be stereotyping? :rolleyes:

Isn't David Anders a white, British guy??? And he's gonna play an ancient samurai warrior?? No Asians available for this role, or would that be stereotyping? :rolleyes:

I thought the same about the Samauri warrior -- but it was the addition of Keating that got my attention.

I think they figured if Tom Cruise can be a samurai, so can Sark! ;) I love Sark in Alias, he was one of the most likeable bad guy in a series.

Reading today's TV Guide; more Star Trek TOS cast on Heroes. Nichelle Nichols (Uhura) has joined the cast as a recurring cast member; she plays a woman named Nana.

CLICK HERE for the full story

getting anxious again!! need the heroes fix, came to check out the thread
sorry I missed so much, but glad it's still active, lots of great info, ty rmh.

kinda disappointed there's no blu-ray version release as of yet.
doesn't make sense since there has to be a lot out there who would buy either format.

yeah but in this case I would've thought they would make an exception

I still think they might eventually.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting anytime soon. But there is some possibility that the "war" might end up a truce, as it seems like there is no rush from the masses to embrace either high definition format.

Back OT, I saw a Heroes season 2 commercial the other day. Not a lot in it, but exciting to know its on the way back.

I want to get the Heroes Season 1 dvds, but am torn, as I am soon to get a HD DVD player; and think I should wait for that. At the same time, part of my reason for getting the episodes is so I can rip them to my ipod to re-watch while working out at the gym.

Oh, decisions, decisions. :D

I want to get the Heroes Season 1 dvds, but am torn, as I am soon to get a HD DVD player; and think I should wait for that. At the same time, part of my reason for getting the episodes is so I can rip them to my ipod to re-watch while working out at the gym.

Oh, decisions, decisions. :D

How do you rip dvd's to a ipod?! I use mine at the gym just for music but video would be better. I have a new 80 gig video..

How do you rip dvd's to a ipod?! I use mine at the gym just for music but video would be better. I have a new 80 gig video..

BH,

Try Cucusoft® Official - DVD to iPod,iPhone,Zune,PSP,MP4 Video Converter It costs about $30 or $40. I put the DVD in the drive, fire up Cucosoft, and convert it to ipod format; 43 minute tv episode takes about 25 minutes; 2 hour movie takes about an hour. The PQ is excellent, the audio is excellent.

Then transfer it to itunes and the ipod, and you are good to go. I have been converting ST:TNG DVDs, as well as several movies. I don't keep them on the ipod for long; as soon as I finish watching, I delete them (only have a 30GB ipod).

But watching them while doing cardio on the eliptical machine or stationary bike works great; and makes the workout go by VERY quickly.

And btw, its great to have you back active on the site! :)

Back on topic; TV Guide has a story about Heroes this week. Suggests that the season will start 4 months after last season's finale. Then in about 8 weeks there will be a flashback episode to explain things; apparently they want us confused again.

AND based on the photos they had, it looks like both Petrelli's and Sylar may be back. :)

Claire and her family move to a town on the ocean in California, in hiding. And more details to come about the "older generation" of Heroes,the Petrellli mother, George Takai's character, the Malcolm McDowell character (sorry I am forgetting names right now!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)