Does Heroes live up to the hype?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The last episode was awesome! So packed with actions and yet so many twists and turns in the plot. The fight sequences remind me of Matrix meets the X-men. One thing that bugs me is that...

How did Peter get a scar on his face when he could regenerate??

How did Peter get a scar on his face when he could regenerate??

Might have gotten it while fighting the Haitian in the past, when his powers couldn't function. Could be he'd be stuck with any such wounds.

But a more interesting thing his why does the Haitian have two powers... both the ability to make people forget AND the ability to block other folk's abilities. Anyone else with multiple powers, their ability is actually the power to grab such.

The show keeps getting better. I remember after watching the first 2 episodes thinking the whole plot was kind of silly. Now I can't wait to see what happen next. I am still bugged that I don't know what ability does Peter's mom have!

Hey Royal80 - while it looks like you've been a member for quite sometime, since this was your first post, :welcome to SatelliteGuys and the TV Programming forums!

hey rmh, thanks for the kind words, you too BH. :)

I've never had much to say, but this site has be valuable to me
for a long time great members and info alike!!

Sorry I've been too busy watching Heroes and Sopranos to remember
to check back and respond sooner lol.

Heroes just keeps getting better and better, although I didn't like
the build up for Molly, she's supposed to be able to stop Sylar
and in the end we find out it's just because she's a little human GPS?!? lol.

but guess u can't be blown away all the time...still looks like alot to be answered.

Glad u guys like it as much as I do!! As for the Black Donnellys
I think it's just on hiatus for the summer, that's a good show also
and I really hope it'll be back in the fall.

You Want More Heroes???

Zap2it reports that NBC will provide up to 30 episodes of the show next year, including a new show "Heroes: Origins"

Here is the story:

NEW YORK -- You want more "Heroes"? NBC is going to give you more "Heroes" next season.

The network has hit upon a way to keep the show repeat for nearly the entire season, ordering more episodes of the show and embarking on a quasi-spinoff called "Heroes: Origins." Combined, the shows will account for 30 original episodes next season.

"We've got something I call the 'bulk-up challenge' for next year, which is trying to stay more consistent in our scheduling for the audience," NBC chief Kevin Reilly told reporters Monday at a press conference announcing the network's 2007-08 schedule. "We asked ['Heroes' creator] Tim Kring to come up with an idea, and what I love is not only did we bulk up with 30 hours next season, but also a whole new idea which I think is going to take the show to the next level."

The "Origins" series will consist of six stand-alone episodes, with each one introducing a new character and telling his or her back story. They'll take place within the "Heroes" universe but won't be tied into the main arc of the series, although one or two regular characters may pop up.

It will also carry an interactive element: After all six "Origins" episodes air, viewers will be able to vote on which character joins the main show the following season.

The idea for "Origins" springs from positive fan reaction to several side characters introduced this season -- Reilly cites Charlie (Jayma Mays), the waitress with the perfect memory, as an example -- and a desire to avoid momentum-draining breaks like the one the show took earlier this spring.

"I don't think the audience minds taking a week off, particularly during the holidays," Reilly says. "It's just the long hiatuses or weeks worth of repeats where we get in trouble."

Just how the "Origins" episodes will be scheduled along with the main "Heroes" storyline has yet to be worked out. The most likely scenario, Reilly says, will be to have "Heroes" start its second season in the fall and run more or less straight through its 24 episodes, with perhaps a short break during the holidays. "Origins" would then follow at the end of the season. Another option would be to run "Origins" "as a chunk" in the spring, before the concluding episodes of "Heroes."

"I'll tell you one thing you won't see is 'Origins' peppered throughout," he says. "I think that would be difficult for the audience to navigate."

HEROES Season 1 DVD...

As expected...

From Universal Studios Home Entertainment: The #1 New Series(1) Everyone Is Talking About, 'HEROES: SEASON 1'

Seven-Disc Set Featuring the Never-Before-Aired 73-Minute Premiere Episode Available on DVD and HD DVD August 28, 2007 From Universal Studios Home Entertainment 'The Ride Is Thrilling' - TV Guide

Ok, I was watching the finale, and it got to "volume 2 generations" with Hiro in 1671. Then the stupid DVR timer ended. What did I miss? Probably not much, but its irritating when the DVR does this.

That was a good finale. Not how I thought it would end, but fun, for sure. Looking forward to the DVDs...

Ok, I was watching the finale, and it got to "volume 2 generations" with Hiro in 1671. Then the stupid DVR timer ended. What did I miss? Probably not much, but its irritating when the DVR does this.

That was a good finale. Not how I thought it would end, but fun, for sure. Looking forward to the DVDs...

Come on... nobody saw that ending??? Help me out here! :)

Attachments

• vlcsnap-3476003.jpg
    vlcsnap-3476003.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 112
  • vlcsnap-3476226.jpg
    vlcsnap-3476226.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 118
  • vlcsnap-3476468.jpg
    vlcsnap-3476468.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 111
  • vlcsnap-3476580.jpg
    vlcsnap-3476580.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 87
What ending? ;)

Heh. Good pics. For rockymtnhigh and gbjbany, Hiro landed in 1671 and saw a bunch of samurais raising their weapons toward him. He turned around, and far away he saw a lone samurai on horse back carrying a flag (and maybe a sword). Camera zoomed in to the design on the flag. And then Hiro looks up to see the eclipse. The end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)