Does Heroes live up to the hype?

I really like the show, but the question is will it be canceled after it 1st season??? They did it last year with Invasion and Surface, both were great shows and looks like they were going to continue with a 2nd season, but it was ccancel. I am still dissapointed that they did. :=(

INVASION and SURFACE had lousy ratings...HEROES always wins its time period and has "surfaced" as one of the extremely few new bona fide hits on the air. (actually ranking #3 on the air in the coveted 18-49 age group after GREY'S ANATOMY and HOUSE)

Eric

INVASION and SURFACE had lousy ratings...HEROES always wins its time period and has "surfaced" as one of the extremely few new bona fide hits on the air. (actually ranking #3 on the air in the coveted 18-49 age group after GREY'S ANATOMY and HOUSE)

Eric

Eric - Where did you find the table that lists it as #3 in the 81-49 age group. In the Top 20 shows for the season, it does not make the charts. See Zap2it's season chart

I saw that report for Heroes for the week of December 3rd. "The rookie superhero drama "Heroes" (15.6 million, 6.8/16) continues to be NBC's big success story this season with a No. 3 finish for the week among adults 18-49 behind established hits "Grey's Anatomy" on ABC (24.0 million, 9.5/23) and "House" (17.3 million, 6.9/17) on Fox."

But that was one of its best week's so far (and one of its best episodes too!).

The show has pulled either #1 or #2 in its slot since mid-October; with three weeks in the #2 spot, according to my scan of the Ratings thread.

Last edited:
Eric - Where did you find the table that lists it as #3 in the 81-49 age group. In the Top 20 shows for the season, it does not make the charts. See Zap2it's season chart

I saw that report for Heroes for the week of December 3rd. "The rookie superhero drama "Heroes" (15.6 million, 6.8/16) continues to be NBC's big success story this season with a No. 3 finish for the week among adults 18-49 behind established hits "Grey's Anatomy" on ABC (24.0 million, 9.5/23) and "House" (17.3 million, 6.9/17) on Fox."

But that was one of its best week's so far (and one of its best episodes too!).

Oops, that stat was for the ratings book a couple of weeks ago...I see on Zap2It's Total Viewers rankings that HEROES is #16 season to date. But the most important stat to the advertisers is 18-49 rankings and HEROES is in the Top 5, I believe. Shows like CSI skew older...they may do really well in Total Viewers, but a lot of them are in Rocking Chairs!

Eric

Eric

"HEROES as the season's No. 1 new program, delivered winning scores with its fall finale. " Apparently DEAL OR NO DEAL has double the ratings on Monday nights that SURFACE had last season.

Eric

"HEROES as the season's No. 1 new program, delivered winning scores with its fall finale. " Apparently DEAL OR NO DEAL has double the ratings on Monday nights that SURFACE had last season.

Eric

I am not surprised by the ratings Surface had; I never really liked it. :D

Whether or not Heroes lives up the hype...

Renewed for 2007-2008

The show has been renewed for the 2007-20087 season.

"Heroes" is the #1 new series of the season in adults 18-49, total viewers and other key categories and, through 16 weeks of the season, is tied for the #3 ranking among all shows in 18-49. "Heroes" is NBC's highest-rated first-year drama in 18-49 in 12 years, since "ER" debuted in Fall 1994. Through January 7, "Heroes" was averaging a 6.8 rating, 16 share in adults 18-49 and 15.3 million viewers overall.
SOURCE: The Futon critic

Unfortunately, I have to decide between 24 or Heroes in HD, since the 622 only has one OTA tuner and no HD lil available here.

I am thinking that is a relatively easy call -- 24 -- although not painless. Maybe you could watch Heroes online.

Things seem to slow down quite a bit. There seem to be less mystery. It feels like they dumb down the show for people who haven't seen it to catch up. The heroes are actually to explain what their powers do. The season opener feels more like a recap.

Things seem to slow down quite a bit. There seem to be less mystery. It feels like they dumb down the show for people who haven't seen it to catch up. The heroes are actually to explain what their powers do. The season opener feels more like a recap.

I'm still loving this show. I think the new character, Mr. Invisible, played by former Doctor Who- Christopher Eccleston- will probably push the energy back up, especially if they take advantage of his ability to deliver snappy black humor.

If Hiro is the equivalent of Lost's Hurley, Eccleston's character could be Heroes' Sawyer.

I do like the Eccleston character; plus, its just fun seeing him on tv again. He was great as the Dr.

I am still trying to love this show, but am not quite there yet... but I keep watching.

I do like the Eccleston character; plus, its just fun seeing him on tv again. He was great as the Dr.

I am still trying to love this show, but am not quite there yet... but I keep watching.

Rocky,

Tonights episode was really good. I really love the Eccleston Character.

Did anybody notice the Numbers on the License plate of the car driven my Hero's Dad (George Takei) the license # was NCC-1701, nice tie-in to Sulu from the Original Star Trek.

John

Rocky,

Tonights episode was really good. I really love the Eccleston Character.

Did anybody notice the Numbers on the License plate of the car driven my Hero's Dad (George Takei) the license # was NCC-1701, nice tie-in to Sulu from the Original Star Trek.

John

Haven't watched yet -- watching 24 now (while Heroes records), but that was a way-cool find.

I am looking forward to watching; but probably gonna have to be tomorrow. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts