Does Houston think they have shot to the WS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Rumors are flowing that Roger Clements might pitch for Houston next season along with Andy Pettite. My question is simple - does Houston have a shot to the WS with clements and pettite? Even if they add clements, I thing the Cubs have a better chance of winning that division.

Andy Pettite is a good pitcher but he has never demonstrated in the regular season that he could win the 1-0 or 3-2 games. He always needed run support and needed help from the bullpen. He's not a number 1 pitcher. He's a good 2-3 pitcher. I really want to know when how is going to handle when he goes into those slumps. I remember that he used to go into it and many times have to be shut down.

Clements is a horse and would expect more from him even at his age. He can become the number one pitcher in that staff. The only downfall about Roger is his age. He rarely pitch 7 innings for the Yanks and needed run support to get wins.

Compare these two to Prior and Woods. If I was a betting man, I would put my $$ on Chicago without thinking about it. Everything is contigent to how they do health wise. It's going to be interested how that division will unfold.

Hey Andymon what's the Yanks next move--Vlad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)