Does HR20 require a phone line

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I dont think its a good deal to pay 200 bucks for the "right" to lease anything and pay a monthly lease fee to a company for 2 years. Thats just insane IMO. Just my opinion, let the silly car leasing downpayment arguement begin..

Everyone has to make the descision that works best for them.

My options:
1) $200 + $5 per month (assuming it's not my only receiver)
2) or cable charging $17 a month for HD DVR

So after 2 years we have:
DirecTV - $320
Cable - $408
Now lets assume cable is $13 a month for HD DVR which is another common amount. After 2 years we have $312. About even.

So after even 2 years I've come out ahead with DirecTV on fees. Others may just break even.
And with cable you keep on paying that $13-17 vs. $5 with DirecTV.

So for *me* I'd much rather pay something up front and have vastly less monthly payments. But that's just me, no biggy.

Everyone has to make the descision that works best for them.

My options:
1) $200 + $5 per month (assuming it's not my only receiver)
2) or cable charging $17 a month for HD DVR

So after 2 years we have:
DirecTV - $320
Cable - $408
Now lets assume cable is $13 a month for HD DVR which is another common amount. After 2 years we have $312. About even.

So after even 2 years I've come out ahead with DirecTV on fees. Others may just break even.
And with cable you keep on paying that $13-17 vs. $5 with DirecTV.

So for *me* I'd much rather pay something up front and have vastly less monthly payments. But that's just me, no biggy.
Swings the other way with triple play offers.

Guess I have a quick mind. I never got it installed. Cancelled the instal yesterday. WHen the DVR is better its a possibility.

You are missing an excellent product. What about it do you not like?

You are missing an excellent product. What about it do you not like?
The DVR is worse than those 10 years ago. 160 GB HD for large HD files? 20 Hour HD recording capability. No external storage. MY HR10-250 has 500 GB and is networked and hacked for extraction. Thats like going from a mustang GT to a bicycle. :rolleyes:

The DVR is worse than those 10 years ago. 160 GB HD for large HD files? 20 Hour HD recording capability. No external storage. MY HR10-250 has 500 GB and is networked and hacked for extraction. Thats like going from a mustang GT to a bicycle. :rolleyes:

You can add an eSata external drive for larger storage needs. My HR20 isn't networked, but I understand that it can be. By the way, a Mustang GT is no big deal. I know a guy with a 33 year old STOCK Studebaker that is faster! :D And it's not an Avanti! Here is a video of it in action!Video of Ted 1 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Last edited:
Not to Verizons' box here you can't. I understand motorola released a patch enabling that but either Verizon isnt going to do it or they are incredibly slow.

Oops! Sorry, I missed the "v" in your previous post. I thought you were talking about the HR20 dvr.

Swings the other way with triple play offers.

Until after 12 months when the price doubles. OUCH!

Triple play, even with the promotional price can't beat out *my* Triple play of DirecTV, Charter Internet and Vonage. Then when the triple play with cable goes up to $150-200 a month it's WAAAAY out of touch price wise.

I told you he would never leave this forum. Vurbano, I am so used to you being here that I would miss you if you were gone. I was looking forward to you picking on FIOS for a while. Glad to see you staying on board. It shows that D* is not all that terrible.

I told you he would never leave this forum. Vurbano, I am so used to you being here that I would miss you if you were gone. I was looking forward to you picking on FIOS for a while. Glad to see you staying on board. It shows that D* is not all that terrible.

Isn't there some kind of phobia or something that when people cling to something that they supposedly hate and belittle that in reality they are in love with it but just can't seem to admit it. Vurbano Loves D*...Vurbano loves D*.......

Isn't there some kind of phobia or something that when people cling to something that they supposedly hate and belittle that in reality they are in love with it but just can't seem to admit it. Vurbano Loves D*...Vurbano loves D*.......
Just think if Mpeg4 solves all of the PQ problems and I say something good about D*?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)