LEASED RECEIVER FEE 7.00
Account Charges $ 83.99
Total $ 83.99
Taxes
STATE/LOCAL TAX (SALES/GROSS RECEIPTS) 5.04
Total Taxes $ 5.04
Total Amount Due
$ 89.03

I have a 622 owned and a 211 leased. Should I be paying an additional reciever fee and a lease fee?

is one or both of the "premiums" a HD package?

you should have a lease fee or an additional receiver fee but not both.

Did you ever do an " Dish It uP, Upgrade" on the 622? If so, that is where the 7.00 leased receiver fee is comming from. They seem to charge a lease fee on the "primary" receiver when doing Dish it up, upgrades.

Did you ever do an " Dish It uP, Upgrade" on the 622? If so, that is where the 7.00 leased receiver fee is comming from. They seem to charge a lease fee on the "primary" receiver when doing Dish it up, upgrades.
He owns it, plus that does not happen anyway.

I jut did an online chat and the person was clueless. Here is part of the chat...

(03) Jennifer P: For every additional HD receiver, there will be a $7.00 HD additional receiver fee. There will be an additional charge of $7.00 (Enabling fee) if you do not opt for an HD package on your account.
Scott : I have an HD package
(03) Jennifer P: Yes, you do have the HD package.
(03) Jennifer P: The $7.00 is charged for the second HD receiver on the account.
Scott : But I only have 1 leased receiver
Scott : from your website : Charged monthly when a customer has more than one leased receiver on their account. A $5.00 fee is charged for Standard Definition (SD) receivers and $7.00 for High Definition receivers. If the customer has a leased SD and HD receiver, the customer will be charged the lower lease fee (or $5 in this example)
(03) Jennifer P: To provide programming on the second receiver other then the primary receiver the $7.00 will be charged.
Scott : OK then why am I being charger an additional receiver fee
Scott : sorry charged
(03) Jennifer P: I see that you are being charged for both the receivers.
Scott : It should be one or the other
(03) Jennifer P: It is charged for both.
Scott : Not according to your website
(03) Jennifer P: It was the promotion you have signed while opening the account with Dish.
Scott : the leased receiver fee is only charged if I lease more than one receiver
(03) Jennifer P: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Scott : please read the following definition from the DISH network website
Scott : Leased Receiver Fee - Charged monthly when a customer has more than one leased receiver on their account. A $5.00 fee is charged for Standard Definition (SD) receivers and $7.00 for High Definition receivers. If the customer has a leased SD and HD receiver, the customer will be charged the lower lease fee (or $5 in this example)
Scott : It states more than one in the definition of the fee
Scott : I only have one leased receiver
(03) Jennifer P: That is correct.
Scott : So why am I charged a leased receiver fee
(03) Jennifer P: you are being charged $7 for each receiver on your account.
Scott : But I shouldn't be
Scott : It states - Charged monthly when a customer has more than one leased receiver on their account.
(03) Jennifer P: This is because of the promotion you have signed up.
Scott : Which promotion?
(03) Jennifer P: you will be charged on your [primary receiver as well/
Scott : But that isn't correct
(03) Jennifer P: I request to call on 1-800-333-3474 for further assistance.
(03) Jennifer P: We provide the basic customer service via chat, So please call 1-800-333-3474.
Scott : Thank you
(03) Jennifer P: You're very welcome.

Just got off the phone. I had to talk to a supervisor, still not much help. They waived the lease fee for 7 months. They keep telling me that since I did a dish it up promotion, that I have to pay the lease fee even if it is my only leased receiver. I am ok with that. I asked about the additional receiver fee and they said I have to pay that on my owned receiver. That I don't understand. I thought that the first receiver on the account didn't have a fee. They stated that the 622 would be my 2nd receiver. I then asked since the 211 is the primary shouldn't the lease fee be waived. They then said the 622 was the primary. Doesn't make sense.

I asked if I returned the 211 would I be charged an additional receiver fee on the 622 and she said no. So with the addition of 1 receiver I get charged 2 fees. Am I wrong? maybe I am to thick to understand.

Looks like I will have to email the CEO address.

If you have 2 receivers and you upgraded 1 to a leased receiver you probably agreed to the lease fee in the paper work fo the Dish in it Up. and a second receiver does incur the additional receiver fee so yes they are explaining it correctly. It is just another case of the customer signing the agreement without reading it and understanding what they signed. I don't think current upgrade contracts have the lease fee clause so maybe the CEO's office can remove it but don't hold your breath you did sign a contract agreeing to the terms.

If you have 2 receivers and you upgraded 1 to a leased receiver you probably agreed to the lease fee in the paper work fo the Dish in it Up. and a second receiver does incur the additional receiver fee so yes they are explaining it correctly. It is just another case of the customer signing the agreement without reading it and understanding what they signed. I don't think current upgrade contracts have the lease fee clause so maybe the CEO's office can remove it but don't hold your breath you did sign a contract agreeing to the terms.

But, when I asked them which is the primary receiver they said it was the owned 622. They said that they always list a dual tuner as the primary receiver. I also owned the 622 before I leased the 211. I agree that I should be paying the lease fee. I did read the contract and agreed to those terms. It is the question of the additional receiver fee that I am being charged on my primary receiver (622). It is not an additional receiver but the first. The leased (211) is the additional. So I am charged a leased receiver fee on the 211 and an additional receiver fee.

Also, according to the definition of a leased receiver fee on the website, it sates that..."Charged monthly when a customer has more than one leased receiver on their account." . Since it was mentioned in another post
( http://www.satelliteguys.us/1447564-post3.html ) that people were having the lease fees dropped. I thought that maybe I was being charged incorrectly. That is the only reason I noticed the fees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)