Does Pansat 9200HD do HD blind search ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ksathunter

Original poster
Apr 5, 2006
Hello

Please, does anyone know if Pansat 9200HD supports blind scan for HD signals , like DVB-S2 and MPEG-4 ? I'm not interested in DVB MPEG-2 blind search.
Thanks in advance.:rolleyes:

Don't own one but I have read someplace that it does. Think I would wait a little longer to get more opinions tho, that was just one post -and I don't recall where exactly I saw it. I know there was some posts about the 9000 model that DID NOT do blind scan. (which may have been fixed by firmware upgrades by now)

Last edited:
huh?

The box does do blind scan. Nothing here in the US that is DVB-S2 and very few channels that are MPEG4 QPSK if any

But the box will do blind scan for MPEG 2 channels just fine :)

what price range are we talking? :)

Hehe.....:) I would like to see a receiver for under $400 that does DVB(ALL), Analog, and DigicipherII, plus whatever else I am forgetting.

EDIT - Let me add it needs to decode all audio formats too.

Wishful thinking on my part :(

definately wishful thinking :)

To get DCII, you'd have to get Motorolla involved (good luck :) )

Even though the feedhunters know the benefit of analog, I highly doubt that you will see new analog recievers in the future

A all-in -one DVB, DVB-S2, BS, HD, and 4.2.2 is more likely IMO

Don't get me wrong, I like your suggestion :)

Hello

on my part I could live with a receiver with :

HD
4:2:2
BlindScan

No receivers does that.

Labgate

regarding what we could live with ...

How important would Dolby-E be at this time?
I hear people complaining about it, but I don't have a feel for it.

Recently I have seen a few feeds that have used Dolby E as the primary audio, and other formats (like MPEG Audio) on the secondary audio channel.

I have even seen a few that were only Dolby E :(

If you watch lot of HD sports feeds, you will have a feel for it.
Dolby E is solely designed for commercial use, so one should not expect it available in consumer product.

How important would Dolby-E be at this time?
I hear people complaining about it, but I don't have a feel for it.

If the 9200HD does not do it out of the box, I would be somewhat leary of it ever doing it. There still is no upgrade for the 9000HD to make the DVB-S2 QPSK even try to work. There was a limited upgrade for the DVB-S2 8PSK. My box is somewhat a disappointment. :(

BTW: Iceberg, there is some DVB-S2 up there on our side of the world now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)