Does Pixel make good AM/FM HD antennas?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Just curious for I have a local dealer installing that and a SiriusXM antenna at my place on Friday. He told me the AM/FM antenna was made by Pixel. Are they any good?

Have never heard of "Pixel" brand antennas for terrestrial broadcast.

If you have a home stereo needing antennas for AM/FM, Let's start with AM. A pre-selector loop like the "Select-a-tenna" or the "Terk Advantage" placed near the receiver's external AM (small ferrite rod with wires on most good receivers) or on top of the receiver (if no antenna on the back, and only internal) will help! You'll need to rotate and tune whichever of the preselectors you choose to maximize listening to your favorite AM. These round AM boosters operate without any power, and simply "couple" to your built in antenna to increase selectivity. You tune the AM station you want on the radio then maximize your reception by tuning the booster for best reception.

Then, for FM, nothing beats a directional outside beam for good reception! The FM's look like an old-school TV antenna, but are smaller as a rule. ANYTHING outside of good quality will beat the BEST indoor setup, period. If you don't want to have to turn the FM antenna (extra expense) get a classic "Omnidirectional" FM on a pole as high up as you can. Works great unless you're too near a local transmitter. See the picture of the FM "crossed" elements, a simple outdoor design and a simple directional antenna.

Attachments

• fm antenna.jpg
    fm antenna.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 266
  • directional fm.jpg
    directional fm.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 225
  • am antenna boosters.JPG
    am antenna boosters.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 252
Use to have an omni FM antenna on the roof of the house for years. Don't need it in Duluth (major intermod issues here) so distant stations are few and far between

I use the antennacraft fm6 outdoor fm antenna. It is directional and receives fairly weak distant fm stations in my area.
I wanted the bigger one but couldn't find one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)