Does receiver have to be active to use EHD?

I know this is an old thread, but I just found it after searching for RV and ViP receiver.

I just got back from a first time camping trip using a CarryOut antenna and ViP622 that I took from my house. I was wondering if my experience is normal.

Set the CarryOut up per instructions and connected the 622 and did check switch since at home it is on EA and the carryout is WA. After it went thru it's 38 steps and did its 5 minute acquiring satellites and 10 minute downloading guide, everything worked perfectly just like at home including the EHD which I brought with me.

At the next campground I did not have access to the sky (trees) so I thought I would just watch what I had recorded on my EHD, so turned on the receiver and got the expected total loss of signal screen, went to DVR and every thing on Internal and External drive showed Locked Event. Everything was still there, just showed locked event. Receiver was without power for only about 4 hours between campgrounds.

Next campground connected the Rx to the antenna and it did its 5min acquiring satellites and 10 min downloading guide and everything was again normal, watch live, internal and external recordings.

Next campground no sky again, tried DVR and again showed Locked Events.

Question: So does this ViP622 have an internal battery that is dead (it is 6 years old) or does the 622 have to be connected to an antenna that is pointed to the dish sats in order to watch any thing on the internal or external drives?

I could not do anything with it. was like it was waiting for authorization.

I was wondering if there was a memory battery that maintains authorization for a period of time and the one in this rx is just dead (it is 6 years old), or if the Rx needs to see a dish sat before you can access any recordings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)