Does the 942/522 require multiple coax cables to use dual tuner?

jagouar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 29, 2004
College Station, TX
Im sure this has come up before but I couldnt find anything with a search... debating getting the 942 and 522 for my house once voom goes at the end of the month.

you can run a single cable using a dish pro plus 44 switch or a dish pro plus twin lnb. Both of these products are pretty pricey, but If you're getting it installed it might get included. But in my mind using 2 cables is no big deal, because what's the difference in taping another cable to a run since you havr to run cables anyways...

a dp44p is not included in the install, it will cost you extra, if you are in SD market you will have to buy it unless you are paying for 4 orbital locations than Dish will include it in the bill

welll i was going to have dish isntall it but I already had one run from an old directtv install so I guess Ill just let the dish installer deal with it.

I know with the retailer I work for a DPP Twin is part of a 2, dual tuner, install. With that said, you wouldn't have to pay for a DPP 44 switch. It would be a matter of using DPP sep's and diplexers (for the TV#2 output signals). Hope that helps things out

well I think that if you get a 942, you deserve to get a DPPTwin or DPP44 after paying the $250 for the non-refundable upgrade, it's the least they can do to make it worth something.

At my company, we are using DPP Twins on almost all dual tuner jobs, the price for the LNB's has dropped drastically, so when the installing company comes out, tell them you already have one wire there, and want to use DishProPlus equipment... If they say it is going to cost more, call a different retailer, cause i'm sure you can find one that will include it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts