Does the Directv HD Tivo have Caller ID feature ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
They were made like that intentionally cause no one wants a phone number while recording. That's the logic behind it anyways.

Forget caller ID can I get some freaking folders for this thing like my SD D* tivo

Beavis said:
They were made like that intentionally cause no one wants a phone number while recording. That's the logic behind it anyways.

I've seen this misconception a few times, so let me humbly correct it.

A caller ID alert is superimposed over the image being sent to the television; it is not necessary or useful to superimpose the alert over the internal image. That internal image is going directly onto the hard drive with the HD TIVO anyway, bit-for-bit, which means that at least for the HD TIVO it would be MORE effort to record the alert than not. The same principle works for show information: you can hit the 'info' button and look at the show's guide summary while it is being recorded, or while you are watching the recording later, and that display pop-up never becomes part of the recorded image.

Now what might be interesting to think about: what about the person who rewinds into their buffer on live TV to get the caller ID alert to show again because they just missed it, and it isn't there?

Anyway, I don't know why Direct TIVOs don't have the caller ID alerts at least as an option.

--Dino

New DVR to have caller ID

Just FYI... the upcoming DVR (R15) from D* is supposed to have caller ID built in. This will be the SD DVR, but I assume that the HD DVR (and HMC) - whever it comes out - will have the same features.

I tried to post a URL to an article, but can't post links yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts