Does the Guide download more days when you have an EHD?

Doppy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
I thought I remember reading that your guide will download more days of programming when you have an External Hard Drive attached. I've had the hard drive for 2 days now, but the guide still goes the same 8 days. Do I have to turn this feature on somewhere or does this feature not exist?

No, it is 2 programs before any guide download. If the right satellite is not included or there is no disk, you get 2 days. With the right satellite, you get 8 days as you seem to be getting.
-Ken

Simple answer, NO. EHD has nothing to do with the guide.

Wrong.

If you have no hard drive... you get 2 days.

If you have DVR(inside or EHD) you get 9 days... if you have signal the particular transponder.

I thought I remember reading that your guide will download more days of programming when you have an External Hard Drive attached. I've had the hard drive for 2 days now, but the guide still goes the same 8 days. Do I have to turn this feature on somewhere or does this feature not exist?
You might have read that in a thread about the mythical 211 EHD upgrade. It has been suggested that with the EHD attached to a 211 Dsh will charge a DVR fee and in return extend the guide to eight days for timer setup ease.

But this is pure vaporware at this point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)