Does the H20 get the new software (GUI)?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lenjack

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 10, 2005
Also, what is the latest nr software version for the H20? Thanks in advance.

Also, what is the latest nr software version for the H20? Thanks in advance.

No, the H20 will not get the New HD Gui.

I don't know what the current NR is for the H20 as it's not listed on many lists anymore as it's very old and not getting much upgrades.

Someone here may have the info for you though.

I've read reports that if you have a H20 and have other receivers that get the new HD interface, if you call tech support and complain that the H20 didn't, they are to upgrade it to a newer HD receiver.

I've read reports that if you have a H20 and have other receivers that get the new HD interface, if you call tech support and complain that the H20 didn't, they are to upgrade it to a newer HD receiver.

Interesting ....

I wonder if I call and tell them I have this OLD HR20, from probably '06 or 7, would they exchange it for a HR24 ??????

Last edited:
Interesting ....

I wonder if I call and tell them I have thin s OLD HR20, from probably '06 or 7, would they exchange it for a HR24 ??????

If you want that, ask for a credit if you buy a new receiver from a retailer, like solid signal or others. That way you know you will get a HR24. I've asked for that and been granted a $200 credit in the past. If they just enter an order to swap it you may get another HR20.

They do not have a program to swap HR20s at this point. HR20s are 'current'.

If you have any interest in the HR34, you may want to hold off on that and see what they do come mid-Feb.

H20 cannot support the new HD interface, that would be the ticket for replacement.

If you want that, ask for a credit if you buy a new receiver from a retailer, like solid signal or others. That way you know you will get a HR24. I've asked for that and been granted a $200 credit in the past. If they just enter an order to swap it you may get another HR20.

They do not have a program to swap HR20s at this point. HR20s are 'current'.

If you have any interest in the HR34, you may want to hold off on that and see what they do come mid-Feb.

H20 cannot support the new HD interface, that would be the ticket for replacement.

Good points ....

I'm not interested in the HR34, at least at this point, maybe in 6-12 months.

Your right, If I ask for a replacement, I'll get another slow HR20 ...

I wish that was true. I have two H20's and one H23 and they wouldn't upgrade my equipment unless I agreed to a new 2 year commitment. I have been with Directv for over 10 years and purchase one movie a week on average. I don't plan on leaving but do not want a 2 year commitment either. I was polite to the CSR and told her that I thought the policy was not endearing to keeping long time customers.

I wish that was true. I have two H20's and one H23 and they wouldn't upgrade my equipment unless I agreed to a new 2 year commitment. I have been with Directv for over 10 years and purchase one movie a week on average. I don't plan on leaving but do not want a 2 year commitment either. I was polite to the CSR and told her that I thought the policy was not endearing to keeping long time customers.

Your correct,
I have always thought that after your initial 2 year commitment you shouldn't have a commitment seeing you've paid your dues.

Particularly if you've been with them for a length of time.

I'll give it a try. Been with them for 16 years and have 3 hd receivers, one a dvr, and I'm near the beginning of a new commitment.

I'll give it a try. Been with them for 16 years and have 3 hd receivers, one a dvr, and I'm near the beginning of a new commitment.

Sooooo, your an early adapter that started with them from the beginning, good got you !

Your just starting a new commitment ?
Must have recently went HD ?

If thats the case then it doesn't hurt to try as a new commitment doesn't hurt.
Remind them that you've been with them from the beginning and see if they waive it, not sure if they will/can, but it doesn't hurt to try, and let us know what you find out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)