Does the Hopper integrate with the Sony NSZ-GT1 GoogleTV Blu-ray player?

JohnHeller

Original poster
Apr 1, 2012
Los Angeles
Does the Hopper integrate with the Sony NSZ-GT1? The 722 has the ability to connect with the Sony GoogleTV unit and return shows on the 722's hard drive in search results.
I can't find anyone that seems to know if the Hopper has the same integration option. (A post on Sony's website was never answered.)

Thanks,
-John

JohnHeller said:
Does the Hopper integrate with the Sony NSZ-GT1? The 722 has the ability to connect with the Sony GoogleTV unit and return shows on the 722's hard drive in search results.
I can't find anyone that seems to know if the Hopper has the same integration option. (A post on Sony's website was never answered.)

Thanks,
-John

No, it can't. I have one and lost the integration, I'm also no longer paying the $4.00/month. Just re do the setup on google tv and tell it to use the IR blaster to change your channels and such. You'll still get the movie guide and when selected, it will send the right channel number via the IR blaster.

No, it can't. I have one and lost the integration, I'm also no longer paying the $4.00/month. Just re do the setup on google tv and tell it to use the IR blaster to change your channels and such. You'll still get the movie guide and when selected, it will send the right channel number via the IR blaster.

Thanks for the info, you were able to answer a question that neither Sony nor DISH could answer!

I am not a DISH customer yet, one of the reasons I bought the Sony was its integration with the DISH receiver, now I have to decide if I want DISH at all. The Sony is being replaced with a new model in June so its possible that one might work with the Hopper. (not that I can change now... )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)