Does the Price Increase Apply to New Customers on a Promotional Rate?

At least with Direct TV if you have a promotion package they don't raise your rates until your promotion is up. I think new customers with Direct TV have a price freeze for the first two years of their contract.

Have to answer some questions here and make some comments:

Just curious, do you have to be an active sub on 2/1/11 to get the 1 yr free premium, or do all new customers get it?

For example, if someone subs in April 2011, will they also get the free 1 yr premium?

New customers will get the current promotion available in April. The 30th Anniversary offers were automatically added to active accounts with qualified programming packages. A new customer will not get the 30th Anniversary gift as this was an automated thing.

Did you know if you buy your equipment there is no 24 month commitment? or that you don't have to subscribe to any package?.This is just one of the other options with Dish Network and why it's the most versatile satellite service I have ever had.:)

While purchasing your equipment does mean that there is no commitment, you also do not get the promotions associated with the commitment. You can choose to cancel service at any time, but the cost of equipment (depending on your source for it) can be pretty expensive both long and short term (upfront cost and no "credits"). Just want to give the full picture. Also there is a minimum programming package whether the box is leased or owned. In a commitment, "you must maintain a minimum of America's Top 120, DishMEXICO, DISH America, or International Core Packages.". Outside of a commitment, you must have the Welcome Pack as a minimum. Granted the cost of the service for that package is minimal, but it is required.

As far as the OP, the rate increase affects all customers, even me. Feel free to holler at me in a PM if you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)