Does the protection plan reduce the cost of new remotes?

Hell, if you cant get 2 for free, I would suspect atleast 1 free one full price, or even just the price of S&H depending on your customer status. That said, KAB, I agree. Claude has been saying some interesting, not as full of hate messages lately. Claude, change of heart?

I don't really trust eBay and the ones at Walmart run a bit expensive, especially with the need for two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The dish remotes on ebay you see for $3 each actually come from Dish.

They are from customer returns at the dish warehouse from customers who disconnect. From there, they get sold by the pound as scrap to a place in Mexico.

From there they get shipped to Pennsylvania where these kids with learning disabilities scrub them down, and the a company sells them for a buck or two each.

I bought them before. Some remotes are new, but others I would hate to imagine where it's been used previously.

I wouldn't use one in my house, and actually stopped selling them due to the quality issues.

A new remote from Dish is $14 dealer cost.

I just have a load of remotes stored up from upgrades and what not. Various activities when I worked there offered me 4 or 5 extra 40.0's I keep around just in case. And yet When the new one comes out I am gonna buy it.

I would suspect we would all have to pay for the upcoming $30 simple (with voice) remote regardless of DPP. Agreed. The standard equipment remotes are cheap, even at full cost through Dish. DPP is all about other problems. I can tell you that in my case, it has saved me a TON of cash. However, I don't think DPP makes economic sense for some accounts, especially if you have a simple set-up with one or two boxes. If a problem occurs, you can always add it at that time and cancel it after a few months to avoid the cancellation penalty or even just pay the penalty.

I can tell you that in my case, it has saved me a TON of cash.

Do you know how much a "TON" of cash is? If you're only talking about one dollar bills, it would equal over $900,000. Of course, larger denomination bills would equal a greater sum. In ten dollar bills, the total would be over $9 million. You must have a ton of Dish equipment.

What model remote are you looking for? I would bet that if it's for an older receiver, there are a lot of us who switched to a Hopper who have older remotes laying around. I do. 2 5.3IR frpm my old 722's.

The other thing to consider is that dish doesn't ask for the old remote to be sent back, as it's not worth paying the return shipping.

Speaking of shipping. I once sent back about 50 remotes to get exchanged.

Someone at dish sent me 50 individually boxed remotes each with a 2nd day air sticker.

I was a bit irritated as all the boxes where dirty, instead of being clean if they used 1 big box.

I have the protection plan and did not know about the free remotes. I paid twenty three bucks on Amazon for a remote to work the 612. I'll know better next time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts