Mariners Baseball in HD Everywhere But The Pacific Northwest

Rolling Joe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2012
Spokane, WA
Available in HD on EI. Both the Mariner and Rockies feeds. Not available in HD on the Dish Roots Sports Northwest HD channel. Why do baseball fans everywhere else get to watch the game HD?

It certainly can't be the old "not enough bandwidth" excuse. Hey Dish.....make what you're already airing everywhere else available to your subscribers in the Northwest. Are we chopped liver?

I got the game in HD here in the Seattle area. There have been a couple of times when the HD broadcasts were JIP (joined in progress) but not as often as in seasons past. Also, I have had the HD feed not start until 5-10 minutes after the hour. Sometimes it has been longer.

Looking at the time of your post, were you watching the replay? The replays of early games are always letterboxed in SD only.

It may very well have been. I tried tuning in about 7:30. Since the EI EPG showed the game airing until much later and since I was prevented by Dish from accessing the home feed on EI, I didn't realize it was over. Thanks for clearing it up!

It's not Dish that prevents you from watching home team games on EI, it's MLB's antiquated blackout rules. Those same rules blackout MLB.tv broadcasts online & on mobile devices.

Well, I could be wrong as my memory isn't all that great any more, but when I had EI on DTV a few years ago, I remember being able to access the home team feed. If my memory is playing tricks on me, then describing that rule as being "antiquated" is way too kind. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts