Does the Spot beam for the Fresno DMA reach/cover San Jose ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Paradox-SJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
San Jose, California
Part 1

I want to "move" to the Fresno DMA for the up coming NFL season. Does that DMA's spot beam cover/reach San Jose?

----
Part 2
Assuming it does cover/reach, how does one go about choosing the best address to move to?

Thanks -

The satmaps don't include the Fresno beam, but the San Jose beam covers Fresno so it's reasonable to assume it works the other way around. Check the signal strengths for 103 t17 and t18. That's where the Fresno spot beams are. If you have numbers in the 80s then you should be okay. Even lower numbers into the 70s will probably be fine.

Seeing that I don't have Direct yet I can verify. :-( Can anyone who has direct in the Bay Area check for me please? Any suggestion on Part two of my question?

Seeing that I don't have Direct yet I can verify. :-( Can anyone who has direct in the Bay Area check for me please? Any suggestion on Part two of my question?

Do you know anyone in the area that doesn't have Directv? You could use their address. Perhaps an apartment complex? Find out the apartment numbers and make one up to go with it. If the address is 100 Main St apts 1-10, use apt 11.

Here is the actual footprint on the San Jose bean

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 179
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts