Does this look like misleading info...

hbk409

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 12, 2005
LI,NY
it says no commitment, however if you read the fine print it says 18 month commitment if terminated before 18 months you will be charged a disconnect fee.

from dish website http://www.dishtv.com/best_programming_deal.jsp

Our Best Deals are detailed above, but if you prefer to speak to an expert call us TOLL FREE: 1-888-825-2557.

Programming America's Top 60. Programming package includes over 60 all-digital channels and local channels (where available).

Compare Programming >

Installation Free Standard Professional Installation

Package Cost FREE ACTIVATION: Pay a $49.99 Activation Fee and a get a $49.99 credit on your first bill.*

Hardware: NO COST

Programming: $31.99/mo (includes locals where available)

DVR Service Fee: $4.98/mo

Installation: FREE

No Commitment

Total Cost = ONLY $36.97 per month

*$49.99 credit on the first bill requires an 18-month commitment to Digital Home Advantage. If qualifying service is terminated prior to end of 18 months, a cancellation fee equal to the lesser of $240 or $13.33 per month for each cancelled month of service will apply.

Well, its not, as you get the credit back if your going for the commitment, but if your not, you dont get the credit back!

ok so you either have to pay the 49.99 install fee w/o a commitment or be lock into a year and a half contract

Yeah, or pay your way out

See, in my case if right now I wanted to cancel, still have a bit left, paying about $140 a month, so 2 months service = 280, cheaper for $240 to cancel (or if I had a month left, about $14.00 per month etc)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts