Does this sound right?

omard.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 16, 2003
Berwyn, Illinois
I was able to subscribe under the 2 receiver promotion with a one year contract. I called E* to change my programming since my promotion of hbo and cinemax was over. The CSR today told me it was ok if I removed one of the receivers, and could keep the receiver since it is mine. Does this sound right?

Your agreement only requires you to maintain AT60 and pay your bill on time for 12 consecutive months ass far as programming is concerned.

If you came in with the "Free Dish" promotion you own the equipment free & clear after 12 months. But you better check with your retailer (if you didn't go directly with DISH) before you deactivate one of your receivers if your not up to 12 months. If he gets charged back he will charge you the balance on the box.

Come to think of it, you better read your contract & doublecheck with DISH anyway because you may be subject to a penalty from them as well.

I ordered it directly from Dish. I asked the CSR if there would be any penalty and she said no. I guess I will call them back and make sure she was right. Thanks for the help.

I called back talked to Phill he said that the other CSR was right that I can remove the 301 from my account with no penalty.

omard. said:
I called back talked to Phill he said that the other CSR was right that I can remove the 301 from my account with no penalty.
If you have not been a customer for 1 year dig out the contract you should have signed and read it. If you are under FREE DISH cancelling any receivers will result in a charge back from DISH $240. If you are under DHP DISH could waive the penalty but they own the equipment and you would have to return it to them or pay for the unreturned equipment.

He's just downgrading HBO/Cinemax... and deactivating one of two recievers.

No Cancellation fee.. the only trouble is IF he went through a retailer and they signed a second contract with him to keep the recievers active one year. If not.. go for it, he saves $5 a month plus the downgrade costs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)