Does Toyota use Sirius or XM equiped radios?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
My wife will be getting a new car tomorrow. I currently have an XM radio and would like to add the service in the car to our current billing as an additional receiver. Even though Sirius and XM have merged, Sirius and XM billing is separate. If the Toyota has a Sirius based radio I will have to pay full price for a completely different satellite service.

Does anyone know if the Toyotas come equipped with Sirius based programmed radios or XM based radios?

Our 2009 Camry has XM
Our 2012 Grand Caravan has Sirius and so does my 2012 Ram 1500, But its still free on them so don't really know how much different if any the pricing is.

Last edited:
It came with XM based system. Good. Now when we start paying for the service it will only be an additional receiver fee instead of a whole different full subscription.

Plus XM has baseball, Sirius doesn't.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

It came with XM based system. Good. Now when we start paying for the service it will only be an additional receiver fee instead of a whole different full subscription.

Plus XM has baseball, Sirius doesn't.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

I didn't have that issue, I have XM in the Jeep and the work truck, but nSirius in the new Ford Fusion.

When I called to inquire about the billing, they said it wouldn't be a problem and so far it hasn't been, however, I am still under the free trial period (6 months).
I did call in and add the BOS XM to the Sirius (don't think they call it that anymore) so I could get the MLB Network.
Unfortunately as you said, the MLB Games are Not available on Sirius, this is a major issue for me, seeing the companies are now ONE, you'd think they would be able to fix this without having to purchase NEW radios.

Also, I rarely ever have a GOOD experience when I need to call them, always getting someone I can't understand and they make thier billing as complicated as possible.

When I call in, I pay for all 3 radios for the year, get the best deal I can ... don't care about which Sirius or XM they want to bill it on, usually end up paying about $115 per radio, however, the 1st radio is like $200, which I think is ridiculous.

Car/Motorcycle brands that have XM Radios:

Acura
Buick
Cadillac
Chevrolet
GMC
Harley-Davidson
Honda
Hummer
Hyundai
Infiniti
Lexus
Maserati Quattroporte (2007-10 models)
Nissan
Pontiac
Porsche
Saab
Saturn
Scion
Subaru
Suzuki
Toyota

Car brands that have Sirius radios:
Aston Martin
Audi
Bentley
BMW
Chrysler
Dodge
Ford
Fiat
Jaguar
Jeep
Kia
Land Rover
Lincoln
Maserati
Maxda
Mercedes-Benz
Mercury
Mini
Mitsubishi
Ram
SRT
Volvo
Volkswagon

Yes Chrysler uses Sirius but it looks like they're starting to move to new SiriusXM radios that get both. From their website: Our new SiriusXM radios are available in select 2013 models.
Select 2013 models:
RAM 1500–5500
SRT Viper

Select 2014 models:
Jeep Grand Cherokee

http://www.siriusxm.com/vehicleavailability/c

http://www.siriusxm.com/vehicleavailability/j

Vehicle Make & Model
Satellite
Commander SIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUS
Compass SIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUS
Grand CherokeeSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUS
LibertySIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUS
Patriot SIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUS
WranglerSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUS
Wrangler Unlimited SIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUSSIRIUS

As of a number of months back they combined the billing. I have two Sirius radios and an XM from my Honda. I called them and they put my xm radio on the same account as the two sirius radios. So i'm no longer paying more for the XM radio. It's considered as an etra radio to my account.

As of a number of months back they combined the billing. I have two Sirius radios and an XM from my Honda. I called them and they put my xm radio on the same account as the two sirius radios. So i'm no longer paying more for the XM radio. It's considered as an etra radio to my account.

Same here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)