Dog, cat food recalled after pet deaths

Status
Not open for further replies.
These look like they are for canned and pouched "moist" foods. Iams and Science Diet are recalling also, but don't know where they should be on the list above.
Science Diet: http://www.hillspet.com/menu_foods/Menu_Foods_en_US.htm
Iams: http://us.iams.com/iams/en_US/data_root/html/product_article/ProductRecallList.htm

If you are in doubt about your pet's food, it might be best if you go to their sites.
wow, Iams and science diet too. That really surprises me.

It really shows how the perception of cost and a name can be skewed; I assume that most of these are being made by a single source and thus being such a wide spread event. So It makes you want to compare what you normally buy and search out out a no-name that is made by the same place to save money. That being said they may also be regional name changes, with exception of Iams/Eukanuba and Hill's Science Diet which are surely national.

Last edited:
I have no doubt that this stuff is made in only a few plants but that does not necessarily mean that it all has the same recipe.

Something went wrong here. No doubt about that but I would not take this as proof that all dog foods from the same plant are identical.

This reminds me of the Peter pan recall where it affects Great Value Peanut butter from Wal-mart as well.

This reminds me of the Peter pan recall where it affects Great Value Peanut butter from Wal-mart as well.
Youve got a point. I bet the lesser quality peanuts that arent suitable for Peter Pan are used for Great Value Peanut Butter just as the lesser quality meats and such are used for the cheaper dog foods.

My sisters cat is dieing as we speak. He lost control of his bladder and has been coughing up blood and is very sick. She will have to put him down tomorrow. She swears up and down that she didn't feed him any of the affected food , but I think she must have. Can you imagine if the wheat glutten that was contaminated with rat poison had been used in people food in this country instead of pet food? Mass deaths all over the country at one time. Sounds just like a terrorist plot and it might have started with those intentions and the food ended up in the pet food instead of our food chain.

Youve got a point. I bet the lesser quality peanuts that arent suitable for Peter Pan are used for Great Value Peanut Butter.

You would think thats how it works but thats not the case, in most all instances its the same exact stuff just a diferent label with the exceptions generaly being additional processing only. Most of the food you eat thats big name brand is processed and packaged on the same lines as store brand stuff and the no name stuff ( anyone remember the white label generic stuff you could get at Meijers back in the 70's? ) gets packaged before one more run through the process to make it smoother or taste better or get more uniform size. Conagra foods packages alot more foods than I had ever thought and I handle them every day at work, Nestle foods also packages alot more than I knew as well. Seafood is one of those that isnt as compartmentalized when it comes to who processes and packages it as other more main stream foods.

My sisters cat is dieing as we speak. He lost control of his bladder and has been coughing up blood and is very sick. She will have to put him down tomorrow. She swears up and down that she didn't feed him any of the affected food , but I think she must have. Can you imagine if the wheat glutten that was contaminated with rat poison had been used in people food in this country instead of pet food? Mass deaths all over the country at one time. Sounds just like a terrorist plot and it might have started with those intentions and the food ended up in the pet food instead of our food chain.
If she didnt feed him any of the recalled ones then its possible that the source of the contamination is not at menue foods but one of its suppliers then, your sister should talk to the vet about this as well as the manufacturer of the petfood itsself.

used to give puppy some moist Nutro along with Dry Nutro but he had dry skin so last year we stwitched to Canidae, all dry. No dry skin and luckily no recall.

In many cases the only difference between major labels and the more generic labels is...the labels. And the amount of advertising that you have to pay for when you buy the major label product.

Got a call from my dad last night my brother dog past away. He was feeding him wal mart brand dry food. the vet set it was the 10th animal this week that was on dry food. So this is not wet food peeople. if you notice any strange behavior in your animal for instance they are drinking a lot of water have them checked out. they ran blood work and determined that it was kidney failure due to rat poisining.

Perfect terrorist attack, if it wasnt it will be:(

Might have been a plan that didnt work out, or will give terrorists ideas:(

In any case it shows another weak spot.

OUr food supply is so vunerable to terrorist attacks and so is our water supply. Since we get food from all over the world it wouldn't be hard to see terrorist screwing with something in our food supply that everyone uses. LIke corn syrup that is in just about all prepackaged food. Or wheat gluten just like the dog and cat food. Just imagine if they did this to the people's food and then people started to drop all over the country just like the pets did. People would panic and our whole country could go up in riots in less than a month. People in this country are not used to being hungry or doing without. THis could topple our whole system of government as people all turned to the state and federal governments to do something. OF course if the terrorist ever cut our power supply across the country , pretty much the same thing would happen. We would tear ourselves apart .

And meanwhile instead of doing more to help prevent these kind of scenerios at home , Bush has us fighting a civil war in IRAQ which has nothing to do with the war on terror. While "we are over there fighting them so we don't have to fight them here" as old George would say, they could be planning an attack here at home with something just like our food supply . The pet food might have been accidental or it might have been a warm up for what is coming.

SCARY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)