Dolby Audio keeps dropping out

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
I was watching the movie “Forever My Girl” which I had recorded on channel 188 (UP TV) on my Family Room Hopper3. The Dolby audio will drop out for a few seconds several times throughout the movie. I don’t know if the problem is with the broadcast or whether my Hopper3 is causing the problem. When I rewind the sound drop outs are in the same location so it is probably due to the broadcast.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
Not all broadcast are in Digital Dolby or Analog Dolby. Especially when watching a movie on commercial tv or even sporting events. When switching to commercial the audio may have been done with analog or non dolby effects. So your tv may just show Stereo and not Dolby which is used in surround sound for sports and movies.

My Hopper3 is connected to my Onkyo audio receiver using a Toslink cable. I keep the volume on my Sony TV low since I am listening to the movie with the Dolby 4.1 surround sound. Repeatedly throughout the movie the Dolby 4.1 surround sound would cut out for 1-3 seconds and I would only hear the stereo sound from the TV. The commercials all had good sound.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: c-spand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)