Domestic FTA channels from the US

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

taj

Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
Hi,

I have a 30" dish and I use it to get Galaxy 25 FTA channels and I am very happy with it.

I have two questions:

1. Is there another satellite you can recommend that has FTA channels from the US e.g. ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, PBS ,... from various cities of the US? If so, what is the name of this satellite and how can I get information as to the channels names and the angle of Elevation, etc. that I need to use to point the satellite to get the signal.

2. Can I get any of the channels I mentioned above or other FTA channels that I don't know and haven't mentioned using an 18" dish? If so, what kind of LNB do I need to do this? The satellite dish I have has written DirectTV Multisatellite WNC on it.

Thank you for your help:)!

Taj

See SatelliteGuys.US - TheList, here are some...
Ku:
PBS is on AMC21 @ 125 west
Fox is on AMC4 @ 101 west and Galaxy 18 @ 123
NBC is on AMC1 @ 103 west but uses 4:2:2 video - need QualiTV or PC Card

C Band - Big Dish:
ABC HD is on Galaxy 16 @ 99west
NBC HD is on AMC18 @ 105 west
CBS HD in on Galaxy 25 @ 97 west

First a 18" dish is only really useful for EchoStar 7 (119°W) for NASA TV and Angel One.

Look at the top of this forum for "The List!" and it will show you the FTA satellites. You can use the calculator to find out what satellites are visible and the azimuth & elevation.

You should look at Galaxy 18 (123°W) which has a lot of network stations. I think that gives you ABC, FOX and RTN at least. There is not an NBC station available FTA on ku at this point.

If you have room, get a big C-Band dish. ;)

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions.

Empiretec suggested OTA + G18. I figure G18 is Galaxy 18. But what is OTA?

You asked if I am in the range of any OTA channels. I am in Jacksonville, Florida.

Thanks a lot,
Taj

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)