DIRECTV Transponder Map ~ Data 4/17/2024

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It says 694 for Internet/Stream because the app's guide data API still doesn't support subchannel numbers at all, so they get both Bally San Diego and Padres on 694.

It's also why for satellite customers telling your receiver to tune to a subchannel from the "new and improved" app's guide just sends you to the primary channel. i.e. telling your receiver to tune to 249-1 Comedy West from the app's guide tunes to 249 Comedy East, 325-1 JLTV tunes to 325 FRESH, selecting any RSN alternate tunes to the main feed, etc.

This has been an ongoing issue long before they merged the apps because many of the RSN alternates appear out of order before the main feed, which screws up numeric tuning by remote. It also affects satellite customers who are watching via the app since some west coast feeds appear before the east coast feed, and the guide UI only shows logos instead of the callsigns that will tell you the difference, so you might tune to "245" a few minutes before AEW Collision's premiere in 2 weeks, and end up missing CM Punk's return that will likely kick off the show because TNT West appears before TNT East.
What's also an issue with the new app is that you can't stream different RSNs based on where you're in. Like when I was in Williamsburg, VA back in October, I couldn't stream MASN or NBC Sports Washington (the two RSNs they get) so I had to watch them through the cable system the resort I stayed at uses (Cox cable).
I'm not sure if they've fixed that now, but if they haven't, that means I won't be able to stream Bally South and Southeast when I get to Myrtle Beach in a week.

It's probably tied to your service address because the RSN costs vary depending on where you live. i.e. a Philly customer who has no RSN fee would be getting NYC's 8 teams for free if they traveled up the turnpike to central NJ.

With Sports Pack or premiere you can steam the non-Bally RSNs out of market, but there's a blackout message anytime there's a game on, even if you have an out of market package like Extra Innings.

So locals aren't tied to my svc address (and I know they are, but still)? Cause when I was in Williamsburg I could watch their locals (from Norfolk, VA, the same DMA dtv757 is in) with my home locals giving me a blackout message (e.g. for ABC, I could stream WVEC while WNEP gave me a blackout message)
Locals are based on the GPS/location services of the device you are watching on, RSNs are tied to your service address.

Reactions: Gary Toma
It's probably tied to your service address because the RSN costs vary depending on where you live. i.e. a Philly customer who has no RSN fee would be getting NYC's 8 teams for free if they traveled up the turnpike to central NJ.

With Sports Pack or premiere you can steam the non-Bally RSNs out of market, but there's a blackout message anytime there's a game on, even if you have an out of market package like Extra Innings.
I've been to New York state a few times, but the last time I was there (Vestal, NY in June 2021) was just less than a year before the introduction of the new app. I understand they get NYC teams just like where I already am in NEPA, but of course without Pittsburgh teams and the Sabres, NJ Devils, and Islanders in addition. If I went there again, would I be able to stream the 4 NYC RSNs minus ATTSN Pittsburgh?

New logos were added to the directv.com server:
852 Cleveland Guardians (Previously used by Golf Channel HD)
853 Minnesota Twins (Previously used by Footschool TV)
857 Texas Rangers (Previously used by A Toda Musica)
858 TC Internacional (Previously used by Comedy Central HD)

They also updated the logo for 196 EWTN Espanol
Over the weekend they also added an updated logo for 552 EWTN

They also added a new NFL Network logo to 34

I entered my home address ZIP code (18507) on DirecTV.com and it says I get a $13.99 RSN fee.
I entered the ZIP code on the address of the resort I stayed at in Williamsburg (23185). Said they only get a $5.99 RSN fee.
I entered the ZIP code on the address of the resort I will stay at in Myrtle Beach next week (29577). Said they also get a $13.99 RSN fee.
Maybe, just maybe if the RSN fee at home is the same as the one where I’m traveling to, then I would be able to watch Bally South and Southeast. But I will only have to wait and see…

Now that the early rounds of Roland-Garros are over, channels 901-905 have been repurposed for the US Open Golf experience from 6/15-6/18. There will also be 4K HDR coverage of the Featured Holes on channel 105 and the Featured Groups on channel 106.

After that, they will be used for Wimbledon in July, and then US Open Tennis in August/September.

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
They moved them to the 900s when there was overlap with Sunday Ticket because the 2020 US Open Tennis started a week later than usual and the Golf tournaments were delayed to the fall.

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
you might tune to "245" a few minutes before AEW Collision's premiere in 2 weeks, and end up missing CM Punk's return that will likely kick off the show because TNT West appears before TNT East
Why would that not be shown simultaneously on both East and West feeds? I never watch AEW (I only watch TNT for basketball), but that sounds like a live event to me, so you'd think it'd be on both feeds

DirecTV Satellite Transponder Updates for Jun 07 2023

Comparison of Transponder Data for Jun 07 2023 vs May 31 2023:

No changes in system tables for any transponder tuning parameters.

Stream (PID) counts:

LIVE Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
3​
-1​
HD​
279​
2​
1445​
SD mpeg4
139​
1​
198​
SD mpeg2
403​
-2​
440​
RB​
Audio​
89​
Push​
31​
Slate​
20​
1​
TEST Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
HD​
SD mpeg4
1​
-1​
SD mpeg2
RB​
Engr Work​
48​
-3​

The PID count Excel workbook provides much more count detail.

Newly updated tables of Streams on each transponder are available in the DataDigesters TPN Grids

More details of changes in individual channels will follow in the Weekly Analysis
and Gary Toma's Domestic TPN Map Excel files
Weekly Analysis soon
A few LIL updates
Some Bally Sports shutdowns
French Open mix off for this year

Enjoy
Provided by DataDigesters

Weekly Analysis for 6/7/2023:

Attachments

• Weekly_Analysis_230607.xlsx
    15.6 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: Tom Speer
In addition to the EWTN Espanol, Bally San Diego/Padres, Roland-Garros/US Open and targetted offer changes mentioned over the past week:

Sub-channel relabels hit Terre Haute, Toledo, Tri-Cities and Twin Falls

NFL Network and its alternates are now pointing to logo_id 34 instead of 342

They cleaned up some of the old Puerto Rican adult zombie records in the 9000s

The logo_asset update that started rolling out yesterday updated 34 to be a vertically stacked style logo instead of the horizontal style that 342 has.