DirecTV Guide Issues

DirecTVFanSince2016

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Apr 26, 2023
Scranton, PA
Just happened to notice this on the schedule for NFL Network’s alternate channel, at least on the stream app. I don’t think that movie has anything to do at all with the NFL or football in general!

Attachments

• IMG_4599.jpeg
    IMG_4599.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 89
It’s on the satellite guide as well. This error only happens once in a blue moon, so I’m lucky I got this!

Attachments

• IMG_4600.jpeg
    IMG_4600.jpeg
    257.7 KB · Views: 93
Now seeing a blackout message saying it can be found on channel 150. I guess that's the CINEHD channel they were repurposing for the NFLN alternate. If only I could SHEF pull from client boxes though...

The transponder map thread discussion used to be focused the addition of HD and 4K channels to the satellites, and how the channels are allocated to the satellite fleet. WIth new satellites going into service then and new technolgies, there was much to discuss and follow. All that activity has dwindles in the past few years. But now the discussions here have devolved into nitpicking discussions of minor errors in the guide, which are always around, logos, and streaming app guide issues. Most of these things are really off topic to the Weekly Transponder map, and should be posted in other threads at SatelliteGuys. Streaming app guide issues do not belong here. Logo issues are only minor guide issues. We will start to move off topic posts to other threads going forward.

The transponder map thread discussion used to be focused the addition of HD and 4K channels to the satellites, and how the channels are allocated to the satellite fleet. WIth new satellites going into service then and new technolgies, there was much to discuss and follow. All that activity has dwindles in the past few years. But now the discussions here have devolved into nitpicking discussions of minor errors in the guide, which are always around, logos, and streaming app guide issues. Most of these things are really off topic to the Weekly Transponder map, and should be posted in other threads at SatelliteGuys. Streaming app guide issues do not belong here. Logo issues are only minor guide issues. We will start to move off topic posts to other threads going forward.
Well said Tom.

NFLNRZ on the DirecTV Stream app is currently showing a repeat of an old TNF game (Titans and Jaguars). The listings now say “Business Customers Only - RedZone from NFL Network coming 9/10”. I assume it’s just going to be for commercial subscribers now or is it just a mistake?

More searching shows that the game is from September 19, 2019. Could this be some kind of coordinated internal testing like what they were doing with the DBACKS, TWINS, and PADRES feeds a couple months ago?

NFLNRZ on the DirecTV Stream app is currently showing a repeat of an old TNF game (Titans and Jaguars). The listings now say “Business Customers Only - RedZone from NFL Network coming 9/10”. I assume it’s just going to be for commercial subscribers now or is it just a mistake?
NFL RedZone will be available to residential customers.

Looks like they are just replaying a portion of the 2nd quarter of that game over and over again

I’m talking about the “FA83” command which generates a big long hex response that when pasted into a SHEF Decoder document (found at SatelliteGuys.us/resources/SHEF) gives you the channel, it’s transponder, TID, PID, Net, as well as video and audio compression and signal strength. From what I’ve seen it’s been around for a while now. I’m not sure if you’ve ever had D*, let alone used that feature, but it’s honestly good to use if you don’t want to use the TPN Map and would rather verify yourself.

I’m talking about the “FA83” command which generates a big long hex response that when pasted into a SHEF Decoder document (found at SatelliteGuys.us/resources/SHEF) gives you the channel, it’s transponder, TID, PID, Net, as well as video and audio compression and signal strength. From what I’ve seen it’s been around for a while now. I’m not sure if you’ve ever had D*, let alone used that feature, but it’s honestly good to use if you don’t want to use the TPN Map and would rather verify yourself
The client doesn't have the information to respond to that query. It is only in the server, where the tuners are.

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
Thanks. I already kind of knew since I did try the command once (while just adding &clientaddr=[my client MAC address]) to the end and just got an error message.

but it’s honestly good to use if you don’t want to use the TPN Map and would rather verify yourself.
I find the TPN map just fine for my purposes and it doesn't require setting up a SHEF polling environment. It isn't as if you can tweak anything based on the information that you find.

That said, you should be able to poll that information from the Genie on behalf of the client by using the MAC address of the client as described under sections 3.1.1 and 3.1.2 of the SHEF Command Set document.

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
This is the link I use:
http://(My IP):8080/serial/processCommand?cmd=FA83
Works great, every time, but only on my HR44!
I believe that your H44 is the only Genie that can process that command. It does not work on a HR54 or Genie 2 (HS17), and certainly not on a client. All of my SHEF tools created over the years lie abandoned.