I can not create a new Directv Stream account, it rejects my address no matter what...

Dish Fan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2019
Phoenix
I can not create a new Directv Stream account, it rejects my address no matter what...
I tried many times, it keeps rejecting my address, I have been told that it rejects all addresses.
Is there something I am not doing?

Help, advice please

I had no issues signing up, switching from Directv satellite. Try using a new email address. That's what I did.

Reactions: Dish Fan
The IP address you used to make your post is registered to Packethub and flagged as belonging to a VPN service. A lot of streaming services have IP ranges that are registered to a hosting provider instead of an ISP on a VPN/Proxy blacklist to prevent users from circumventing their geoblocks. If you are also using the VPN while signing up for stream, try turning it off first.

Could also try signing up with Sling or YTTV etc without actually completing the process, to narrow it down. But I suspect KyL416 is right.

• Love
Reactions: Dish Fan
Thanks a lot everybody, I fixed it... It was not a vpn issue, it was not the address on my credit card either.... I can confirm now, that directv streams simply rejects some ramdon addresses for some reason...

• Sad
Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016