DIRECTV Transponder Map ~ Data 4/17/2024

They cleaned up some of the old Puerto Rican adult zombie records in the 9000s
I noticed one of them is for a channel called Venus which I remember seeing on some DLA channel surf videos that I’ve watched before. I don’t think it has ever been available in Puerto Rico since they began to use domestic sats and equipment (but I do remember seeing it on old PR lineups from before the change to Domestic)

In today's TPN Map, the ENGR tab grouping 'Engr Slate Offer' has been renamed 'Engr Slate Promo'. That is the result of my searching to find the right weasel-word to describe this collection of channels. Many of the channels are clearly 'offers', but all the channels are promotional.

This category has doubled in size over the past year and I fear it will continue to be a growing tool for the marketing folks.

With Sports Pack or premiere you can steam the non-Bally RSNs out of market, but there's a blackout message anytime there's a game on, even if you have an out of market package like Extra Innings
What about Bally RSNs? I remember you said on the old forum that out-of-market Sports Pack customers can only stream Bally Ohio Extra. But what if there’s a game on that? Would have to assume a blackout message would show then.

Reactions: Nate.O’Brien
Ironically enough I’m now seeing two YES channels on my app:
One is labeled YESHDNY and the other is labeled YESHDBO.
The YESHDNY channel works, but the YESHDBO channel, as of now, doesn’t.

Found yet another problem with the DirecTV phone app.
As you’re traveling, and you get into a different DMA, the blackout message you get when you try to watch a local station in your home DMA is misleading.
Right now as i’m traveling to Wilson, NC, I’m in the Harrisburg DMA. Their ABC is WHTM/27.
When I try to view WNEP/16, I get a blackout message, attached. Seems normal, until you read where it says they can’t find an alternative channel! Well they can! That is of course WHTM! In fact they, as of this writing, are both airing the same program (Team McGregor vs Team Chandler).

Attachments

• IMG_4066.png
    IMG_4066.png
    734.7 KB · Views: 50
Ironically enough I’m now seeing two YES channels on my app:
One is labeled YESHDNY and the other is labeled YESHDBO.
The YESHDNY channel works, but the YESHDBO channel, as of now, doesn’t.
The YESHDBO feed is for areas that don't get the Nets and Liberty like portions of Connecticut and PA (mainly Carbon and the southern portions of Monroe). Stream gives those customers the alternate programming.

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
I see. And for whatever reason I can stream SNY and ATTSNP even though there are games on those channels whose teams’ territories I’m not in anymore (Mets and Pirates)
(I’m currently in northern VA [DC DMA] because it’s part of the route on my traveling to Wilson, NC)

The YESHDBO feed is for areas that don't get the Nets and Liberty like portions of Connecticut and PA (mainly Carbon and the southern portions of Monroe). Stream gives those customers the alternate programming.
That would probably indicate they also have all the individual regional Bally Sports feeds (e.g. if I lived permanently in Myrtle Beach and not just on vacation, the Bally Sports South feed I would be streaming on the app would actually be called, per a Zap2It listing, BSCR4HD), right?

Yeah, for Bally they provide the streams tailored to the teams they're eligible for in their zip code. When PS Vue still existed, they did the same thing for the then-FSN RSNs, tailored streams for local viewers and the national base feed for "Elite" tier subscribers in areas not served by a FSN branded RSN. FuboTV likely does the same thing.

Myrtle Beach gets the South Carolina Zone 2 edits of Bally Sports South, Bally Sports South Extra and Bally Sports Southeast, although the app's API still uses the previous FSN era callsigns of FSCMBH2, FSPSC2H, FSESC2H. They don't have a stream of Southeast Extra because the Hurricanes and Hornets air on the main Bally channels in the Myrtle Beach area, and they don't get the Atlanta Hawks or any of the Tennessee teams since Carolina's NBA and NHL teams have the exclusive claim to the area.

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
They finally updated some of the logo_id mappings for the RSNs:
687 ROOT Sports Northwest SD/HD and its alternates are now pointing to logo_id 110
690 Spectrum SportsNet LA SD/HD is now pointing to logo_id 195
691 Spectrum SportsNet SD/HD and its alternates are now pointing to logo_id 52

Reactions: PioneerDJ
They've been available for a while now. They also recently upgraded the streams for CNN en Espanol, Discovery en Espanol, Discovery Familia and TeleCentro to HD.

However the streams for Telemundo, Tr3s and TV Chile still have the wrong aspect ratios, Bounce and GetTV still have bad package data, and the app still has the bug where most of the newly added streaming channels don't show up unless you turn off hide SD duplicates.

It would be nice if they add the streams for the west coast kids channels, especially since this fall Adult Swim will start at 6pm ET, which means by the time kids on the west coast get home from school, Cartoon Network East would have already signed off for the night, and preschoolers will miss most of the morning Cartoonito block by the time they wakeup.

DirecTV Satellite Transponder Updates for Jun 14 2023

Comparison of Transponder Data for Jun 14 2023 vs Jun 07 2023:

No changes in system tables for any transponder tuning parameters.

Stream (PID) counts:

LIVE Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
4​
1​
HD​
279​
1445​
SD mpeg4
139​
198​
SD mpeg2
403​
440​
RB​
Audio​
89​
Push​
31​
Slate​
21​
1​
1​
TEST Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
HD​
1​
1​
SD mpeg4
1​
SD mpeg2
1​
1​
RB​
Engr Work​
48​

The PID count Excel workbook provides much more count detail.

Newly updated tables of Streams on each transponder are available in the DataDigesters TPN Grids

More details of changes in individual channels will follow in the Weekly Analysis
and Gary Toma's Domestic TPN Map Excel files
Virtually nothing
One new LIL in TEST
Enjoy and Stay Safe
Provided by DataDigesters

Weekly Analysis for 6/14/2023 :

Attachments

• Weekly_Analysis_230614.xlsx
    13.9 KB · Views: 84
In addition to the previously mentioned changes for the RSN logo_ids

US Open Golf prep, including TNNSHD and USAHD swapping transponder slots

Little Rock's MeTV affiliate KMYA SD/HD is in test mode
They are also finally starting to map METV LIL stations to logo_id 54 (Hopefully this means the national feed is on its way to going live soon)

The private network broadcast "AE 2020" moved from 9548 to 9706

2086 LifeS now has guide data instead of a generic LifeS listing

More Puerto Rican zombie record cleanup

Little Rock's MeTV affiliate KMYA SD/HD is in test mode
I remember (I’m not from and have lived nowhere near the Little Rock DMA so I’m only basing this off old TPN maps and other past research) it being available on the Little Rock LILs before, and they removed it, now they’re adding it again? (And they’ve been MeTV since 2011, and I saw it on a 2014 TPN Map).