DIRECTV Transponder Map ~ Data 4/17/2024

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Also, I wonder if they will have to do a special farewell at the end of their last game telecast?
The announcers are contracted by the team not Bally, and the production crew is outsourced, so the plan is to have them still be the ones producing the telecasts on behalf of the Padres and MLB. Their main analyst has been with the team since the Prime Sports and Cox 4 days.

I’m going to Myrtle Beach in less than 2 weeks, and I understand they are Bally Sports land (Braves, Hornets, and Canes on South and Southeast). Do you have anything about them missing payments to those teams?

Thanks. I do know they are carried on the cable system (Spectrum) at the resort I stayed at the last time I was there (August 2019, this was still during the FSN days). But I do not remember them carrying MLB Network since you said cable customers will get the missed payment teams’ games as regional MLBN telecasts.

Bally's final Padres telecast lost power during the 7th inning when a lightning strike hit near the stadium in Florida, game play didn't stop, but it knocked the Marlins and Padres TV broadcasts off the air for about 5 minutes, killed all the monitors and video screens, and the ability for offficials to view replays. For those with Extra Innings, you can login to MLB.tv to watch the replay and see the moment around the 2:07 mark and switch to the radio audio where they describe what's happening in the stadium.

• Haha
Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
It looks like Diamond killed off all of Bally San Diego's unique programming, after the Padres postgame it started showing the programming of their national Base feed that is used as filler on the Extra feeds instead of what was scheduled to air.

I wouldn't be surprised if it they eventually pull the plug on the seperate San Diego feed and by this fall they revert to giving San Diego viewers Clippers and Ducks games via Bally Sports SoCal, as FSN San Diego started out as a regional subfeed of Prime Ticket.

Reactions: Nate.O’Brien
DirecTV Satellite Transponder Updates for May 31 2023

Comparison of Transponder Data for May 31 2023 vs May 24 2023:

No changes in system tables for any transponder tuning parameters.

Stream (PID) counts:

LIVE Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
4​
HD​
277​
-2​
1445​
SD mpeg4
138​
198​
SD mpeg2
405​
3​
440​
RB​
Audio​
89​
Push​
31​
Slate​
20​
1​
TEST Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
HD​
SD mpeg4
2​
SD mpeg2
RB​
Engr Work​
51​
2​

The PID count Excel workbook provides much more count detail.

Newly updated tables of Streams on each transponder are available in the DataDigesters TPN Grids

More details of changes in individual channels will follow in the Weekly Analysis
and Gary Toma's Domestic TPN Map Excel files
Weekly Analysis soon
Padres Channel lice
A few LIL changes
Enjoy and Stay Safe
Provided by DataDigesters

Reactions: starchild
Weekly Analysis for 5/31/2023 :

Attachments

• Weekly_Analysis_230531.xlsx
    14.5 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: starchild
As mentioned last night, the Ku/SD Padres game channel is now live, the Ka/HD feed will go live later today in time for tonight's game. The channel will also be available to local viewers via Stream. I'm guessing they'll also put some targetted banner ads in the guide next to 694 and some other channels like ESPN, MLB Network, FS1 or TBS later today to alert local viewers of the new home of the Padres games, especially if Diamond doesn't send out an update to Gracenote to remove the Padres games from Bally San Diego's schedule before tonight's game.

Roland-Garros Experience now live in the 900s, along with bonus coverage on the Bally affiliated RSNs and their alternates

Targetted Offer changes:
9579 $240 gift offer was taken down and replaced with a targetted Protection Plan promotion in test mode on 9750
9583 Sports Pack on Us offer was removed and replaced with another one in test mode on 9751

Sub-channel relabels hit Springfield MA, Syracuse and Tallahassee.

Removal of some old shadow/test records in the 9000s

As mentioned last night, the Ku/SD Padres game channel is now live, the Ka/HD feed will go live later today in time for tonight's game. The channel will also be available to local viewers via Stream.
So THAT explains why I saw the Ku slate when I tuned in to it last night.
Also, probably a dumb question, but only in-territory customers will get this channel and everyone else its Extra Innings-only, right?

It depends, they might also make the channel available to Sports Pack subscribers for pregame and postgame coverage.

For those with Extra Innings, you can login to MLB.tv to watch the replay and see the moment around the 2:07 mark and switch to the radio audio where they describe what's happening in the stadium.
I get MLB.tv free through T-Mobile, is it any different than getting it through Extra Innings?

The Padres HD channel is now live

There's also a banner in the guide above channel 694 directing viewers to 694-3 for Padres games

Reactions: Nate.O’Brien