Dominican Satellite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Inno

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
NW Ontario, Canada
My wife and I spent a week in the Dominican and I saw quite a variety of OTA antennas but unfortunately we were in a moving vehicle and I was not able to get a good shot of any of 'em. The most interesting one was made of the metal cage from an old fan up on a long pole...........I don't know what is available OTA there or how well it worked. A lot of "houses" had pretty simple looking antennas. I was able to capture one satellite dish on one of the houses we stopped at on a "safari" we were on. It does show a pole going up which I'm pretty sure had a simple antenna on top but for some reason it does not show up in the picture. I would have taken more satellite pictures but we were conserving memory card space and battery power as we only had one set of batteries with us on that particular day trip.

Attachments

• DSCF2737.JPG
    DSCF2737.JPG
    245.5 KB · Views: 160
Claro TV it is a provider of digital DTH TV services in several latin american countries. Dont know which SAT uses though but as per their website their basic package with up to 53 channels uses a Sat signal and the other packages with up to 190 channels use an IPTV service. Should be a linear bird though since the LNB is skewed. Good to see it is a strong dish and extra secured with arms even for the LNB since hurricanes affect the area every year. Well a major hurricane cares nothing about extra strengh unfortunaelly.

Thanks for the info, I thought it must be a major provider because there were many dishes with the same logo. They all seemed to be pretty well installed too which surprised me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)