Don finally gets a win 7 computer. Not all it was cracked up to be!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I find Win 7 much better then Vista, but I have beta tested win 8 and I did not care for it. So if you are at 7, I definitely say don't upgrade to 8. Microsoft is trying to get their software more like android or the Ipad. Iconish. It to me is not as user friendly as it is now.

The default network card in Windows XP Mode is a shared NAT emulation. In the settings area, you can change this to the actual network adapter… This might help with the networked 2TB drive.

Strange, Mine was the actual ethernet connection hardware. Anyway, I figured it out as the network drive for file access was drive x and I can access that drive and transfer files inside the XP mode. Once I access the drive in "My Computer" not network places where I originally looked I could see the drive letter show up in the list to save or open files in the app. In otherwords, I can maintain the data file on the network drive and access it from any computer in the house that can ,load the app. That was the plan and it is now working, except for the Vista machine. One day I will upgrade that OS to win 7 too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)