"DoNotTrackMe"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
If you are concerned about your internet privacy you might want to give this a try. I recently installed it from cnet and so far I like it! As a side benefit it is a quasi add blocker too.

Obtw it does not slow down my browser either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the link I meant to provide. There is a separate download for different browsers. I personally use IE10. A lot of folks do not like Internet Explorer 10 because of past versions of IE. For me IE10 is faster than FF or Chrome and runs just fine, but whatever browser you prefer this add-on should work well.

I have been using this for a couple weeks with firefox now. The reason I started was every one of my weekly virus scans was deleting a tracking cookie. It was the same one every week and I wasn't sure where it was coming from. I finally decided to research it and found out there are potential security risks as well as the normal web tracking. I still don't know which website was installing this without my permission but it hasn't shown up since installing this add on.

Right here on satelliteguys it says 4 companies are currently trying to track me even though I'm a pub member. The worst offender I have seen so far is IGN with 12 companies listed. Just about everything I visit besides my bank or the IRS websites I need for work seem to have at least 1 company tracking me. I was shocked at just how rampant this tracking has become.

I'd get rid of Flash, too. I have Flash disabled on IE except for sites I trust, and it's amazing that practically every site on the Internet has something that wants Flash, even if there isn't any animation to be seen. I believe it's another way to track visitors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts