Don't bother calling VOOM

freezetime

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
I just got off the phone and the guy had no new info about what channels would be added or when. I am thinking about calling during the day and talking to the highest ranking person I can and see if maybe they know what's going on. I want my FOX SPORTS WEST!

freezetime said:
I just got off the phone and the guy had no new info about what channels would be added or when. I am thinking about calling during the day and talking to the highest ranking person I can and see if maybe they know what's going on. I want my FOX SPORTS WEST!

I prefer to have service over the next months..... If you're unhappy, as Sean said quite a few times, vote with your pocketbook and switch. For quite a few of us, highest priority is continuation of service. Can you just not understand that priorities have shifted for Voom since late December?

freezetime said:

I don't mean to be rude but why would you expect a CSR to know this before this forum would know. I say this because we do have some good contacts on these boards and I think a guy named Wilt who works for Voom gives us info quite often. I could be wrong on this by the way. I love Voom and wish I had contacts with this company. I think a good bet if you wanted info about a specifc channel is to PM Sean Mota and he would know if anyone and if Sean doesn't know than a CSR will have no chance of knowing.

MarcelV said:
I prefer to have service over the next months..... If you're unhappy, as Sean said quite a few times, vote with your pocketbook and switch. For quite a few of us, highest priority is continuation of service. Can you just not understand that priorities have shifted for Voom since late December?
If "continuation of service" is your highest priority.. Why are you telling good paying customers to leave?? :shocked :shocked

#1. Customer service staff are deliberately kept in the dark until the very last moment, a common practice at many firms. You cannot expect to get any significant information about future VOOM plans from them. Be nice to them. They are innocents.

#2. Don't cancel your service over a single missing channel you like, unless you are on a tight budget and can't justify having two services. VOOM is misssing a couple of channels I used to watch occasionally on Dish, but I can live without them if need be. I do have them on Charter Cable, tho, which I only have to get a HD-DVR. So I pay for two services temporarily until VOOM gets their DVR out.

VOOM is just a breath of fresh air after a long day at work.

Be patient with them.

juan said:
If "continuation of service" is your highest priority.. Why are you telling good paying customers to leave?? :shocked :shocked

I am not sure if one customer leaving will make or break voom. But the 'no DVR', no 'RSN' is getting old. If you really can't wait, you just have to switch to another provider. You know that when you sign up. And for broken promises, had Directv, had Dish, and not often one kept their promises. Or do you think I really will have 1500 HD channels this year, if I switch to D* :D

Positive Note

I have had a long and painful experience in dealing with Voom CSRs in trying to get an antenna upgrade - spent hours on the phone - multiple CSRs - an installer unilaterally cancelling the upgrade without coming etc. I finally gave up in utter frustration plus the fact that I wont need it if Voom closes down because I would switch to either D* or Cablevision both of which provide all five networks. To Voom's credit I received a phone call today from Voom Customer Service (Long Island NY and not the outsourcer in Spokane) to followup on the outstanding order for antenna upgrade. They were prepared to proceed with it if I asked. For the above reasons I told them not at the present time.

I have bad mouthed Voom service often so I thought I should give them credit when they deserved it - for the followup.

Martin21

martin21 said:
I have bad mouthed Voom service often so I thought I should give them credit when they deserved it - for the followup.

Martin21

I'm still waiting for a followup call from them for about a month an a half. This is after I have called about 5 times and sent 4 emails. I keep getting the response " someone will call you by XXX" but nothing yet. The only callback I have received was last Wed to find out why I cancelled V* and maybe comeback. Even then I was told I'd be contacted by billing and he "would make sure" they call by Fri but no calls yet. Maybe that one person will eventually get around to calling me back soon too.

martin21 said:
I have had a long and painful experience in dealing with Voom CSRs in trying to get an antenna upgrade - spent hours on the phone - multiple CSRs - an installer unilaterally cancelling the upgrade without coming etc. I finally gave up in utter frustration plus the fact that I wont need it if Voom closes down because I would switch to either D* or Cablevision both of which provide all five networks.
Martin21
I understand the frustration but why even bother when you can buy a really good OTA for like 40 bucks?

I guess if the $40 is a problem then I would understand. If you have $40 to spend then but your own OTA. I had D* and E* when they did NOT offer locals and they had NO intent on providing an OTA. VOOM gives you a free OTA which is far more than D* or E* ever did. As a matter of fact D* has only had locals in my area for about a year now. Before that you were SOL unless you wanted to buy your own OTA. I did at the whopping cost of about $80 installed.

David Dietzel said:
#1. Customer service staff are deliberately kept in the dark until the very last moment, a common practice at many firms. You cannot expect to get any significant information about future VOOM plans from them. Be nice to them. They are innocents.

#2. Don't cancel your service over a single missing channel you like, unless you are on a tight budget and can't justify having two services. VOOM is misssing a couple of channels I used to watch occasionally on Dish, but I can live without them if need be. I do have them on Charter Cable, tho, which I only have to get a HD-DVR. So I pay for two services temporarily until VOOM gets their DVR out.

VOOM is just a breath of fresh air after a long day at work.

Be patient with them.

I have been a customer since September and back then the CSR said that the Fox Sports Regionals were the number 1 requested channel so they will be added very soon. VOOM's promotion was 2 months free, no contract and free installation so I signed up. Here we are in April, and still no Fox Sports West. FSW will broadcast 102 Angel games this year. I cannot afford to have both cable and VOOM. I cannot miss 102 Angel games either. I don't understand how VOOM has had Fox Sports Florida since I have signed up but won't add any other region even though they say it's the number 1 requested channel. Opening day for the Angels is Tuesday. I can only go to friends houses that have Fox Sports West so often. If you don't care about Sports than I can understand how you could care less about this post but for the MANY of us that do, it's an important channel and unless I start selling drugs, I can't afford both cable and VOOM. Even if I could, the basic cable package here is like $40 a month. That's pretty steep for 1 channel. I have not seen any insider posts on here in quite a while about new channels. I love what VOOM stands for and I'm glad about being part of the future but at the same time, I love sports and missing 102 Angel games is not sitting well with me.
:(

Bagful of priorities

freezetime said:
I have been a customer since September and back then the CSR said that the Fox Sports Regionals were the number 1 requested channel so they will be added very soon. VOOM's promotion was 2 months free, no contract and free installation so I signed up. Here we are in April, and still no Fox Sports West. FSW will broadcast 102 Angel games this year. I cannot afford to have both cable and VOOM. I cannot miss 102 Angel games either. I don't understand how VOOM has had Fox Sports Florida since I have signed up but won't add any other region even though they say it's the number 1 requested channel. Opening day for the Angels is Tuesday. I can only go to friends houses that have Fox Sports West so often. If you don't care about Sports than I can understand how you could care less about this post but for the MANY of us that do, it's an important channel and unless I start selling drugs, I can't afford both cable and VOOM. Even if I could, the basic cable package here is like $40 a month. That's pretty steep for 1 channel. I have not seen any insider posts on here in quite a while about new channels. I love what VOOM stands for and I'm glad about being part of the future but at the same time, I love sports and missing 102 Angel games is not sitting well with me.
:(

I AM one of the hated and misleading CSR's and from our end, we can only tell our customer's what we are told; very little. FSN was only one of many most requested additions, and between you and me, Lifetime was the number one requested channel. I'm sure all you husbands out there know this for a fact. FSN is scheduled to be added, where is still a mystery, that is up to FSN, not VOOM. I'm a baseball fan too, and I know how you feel about missing ballgames. One thing to keep in mind when talking to a CSR, some of them will tell you what you want to hear because they are tired of being yelled at over something that is out of their control. Me, I apologize and tell you the truth, no matter what the subject is. I've gotten into hot water with management more than once for not following the canned responses we are suppose to give you.
As it stands now, you'll get your FSW only when Voom and FSN finalize the negotiations and FSN allows us to broadcast in your area. If they don't, then we will miss you as a customer and we wish you the best of luck with your next provider.

By the way, for those of you waiting for WGN, it was shelved at the last minute and not added. Not sure what is going on with it yet. We were just told not to discuss it with the customers, weren't told why.

spahoose said:
I AM one of the hated and misleading CSR's and from our end, we can only tell our customer's what we are told; very little. FSN was only one of many most requested additions, and between you and me, Lifetime was the number one requested channel. I'm sure all you husbands out there know this for a fact. FSN is scheduled to be added, where is still a mystery, that is up to FSN, not VOOM. I'm a baseball fan too, and I know how you feel about missing ballgames. One thing to keep in mind when talking to a CSR, some of them will tell you what you want to hear because they are tired of being yelled at over something that is out of their control. Me, I apologize and tell you the truth, no matter what the subject is. I've gotten into hot water with management more than once for not following the canned responses we are suppose to give you.
As it stands now, you'll get your FSW only when Voom and FSN finalize the negotiations and FSN allows us to broadcast in your area. If they don't, then we will miss you as a customer and we wish you the best of luck with your next provider.

By the way, for those of you waiting for WGN, it was shelved at the last minute and not added. Not sure what is going on with it yet. We were just told not to discuss it with the customers, weren't told why.

Ok now WGN, who shows Cubs games, might not be added. I understand that VOOM is trying to negotiate with Fox Sports but I have been hearing that since September. VOOM has Fox Sports Florida so I don't understand
why they don't broadcast to other regions. I am glad you are telling me like it is. I'm sure it's all about money and that's why we are getting these channels added that I have never even heard of because they are cheap. I wouldn't mind a sports pack for like 5 bucks a month or whatever if that's what it takes to get FSW. I don't yell at the CSR but I let them know I'm not pissed at them, I'm pissed at VOOM. Like I said before, since September I have been told VOOM was in negotiation and you are saying the same thing now in APRIL! The letter I got said there wil be 50 new channels by the end of this month but I know FSW probably won't be one of them. I am still going to call tomorrow and ask to talk to the highest person there I can.

I'm sure it's all about money and that's why we are getting these channels added that I have never even heard of because they are cheap.
If your refering to Lifetime channels they have been around on other services for some time and are very popular with certain groups of ppl, sort of like how sports are important to some but not to me hehe. Their not some new network so probably not cheap as you might assume, their just new to Voom. Have had those channels with DTV for a long time and I can understand the CSR saying those were most asked for channels at the time since it is one of the more popularly watched by Daytime at home ppl.

martin21 said:

Martin21

Glad you posted your good experience too. To often people get caught up in the negative and are not brave enough to say something went well. Nice job ! :yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)