don't know what to call it, auto tune?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mots-a

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 22, 2006
back it the day before I had a DVr with dtv. I was able to select shows to watch and the dtv box would switch to the selected shows so say of I was watching food at 930pm and selected a show to watch at 10pm the box would switch to that channel now with the DVrs Is this possible?

I think it was auto tune?

thanks
T

Last edited:
That's with a receiver. The dvr will do it, but you have to program it to record it. If there isn't a tuner conflict it will simply record it but not tune to that channel. If there is a tuner conflict it will ask if you want to cancel one of the recordings or not.

I think this feature went away with the newer HD receivers. If you wanted to watch a certain program (not record it) at some future time, just select it. When the time slot nears the receiver would give a warning the channel would switch. I may be wrong but seems like I recall the SD receivers may still have this feature.

I think this feature went away with the newer HD receivers. If you wanted to watch a certain program (not record it) at some future time, just select it. When the time slot nears the receiver would give a warning the channel would switch. I may be wrong but seems like I recall the SD receivers may still have this feature.

Really ?

They took that feature away from the regular HD recvrs ?
Thats too bad, many of us would like that feature on our DVR's as well.
I don't have any Non DVR's anymore to check.

DVR's dont have it, because you can record it. It's not like your gonna miss it if your late. If theres a show on right after that one that you want to watch, record that one too.. (wash, rinse, repeat)

Here's a posting I started back in 2009: http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/181003-Auto-tune-option?highlight=auto+tune
I was wrong when the feature went away. It appears it existed on my first HD (non-DVR) receiver and vanished when I upgraded to the DVR. We used it primarily to switch to news during a football game for example. 3 or 4 minutes prior to the switch you were given the option of allowing or cancelling. I just know it's not a feature on my HR22 and can't comment on other receivers. Any case I liked it but have adjusted!

On a DISH receiver it is a handy feature when you want to watch something live and not forget about it. Yes you could record it but Autotune makes that the top priority and you will be switched to it even if you are watching something recorded at the time.

Auto tune is not available or needed on a DVR,since it can just record the upcoming shows. It is still available on the H25-700. I use it almost nightly. I go to bed ,turn on Jimmy Fallon and set it to autotune to the 1am rebroadcast of my local news. You can not set it to autotune to a channel at the same time every day/week like you use to be able to in years past,like on the d12,I have to set it every night.

I don't have a DVR as I don't record. I do have an H 24 receiver that has auto tune. I use it all the time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts