Don't laugh at me...

tempVAdish

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Temperanceville, VA
I was just watching an old favorite, "Machinery of the Past", on RFDTV and they just ran a comercial for RFDTV HD coming this fall. It appears to be a companion channel, not simulcast, because it said it would "supplement" their current offerings. I realize that this is probrably not a heavily watched channel, but have any of you "connected" people here heard as to E adding this?

Just curious....

Rob

I was just watching an old favorite, "Machinery of the Past", on RFDTV and they just ran a comercial for RFDTV HD coming this fall. It appears to be a companion channel, not simulcast, because it said it would "supplement" their current offerings. I realize that this is probrably not a heavily watched channel, but have any of you "connected" people here heard as to E adding this?

Just curious....

Rob

There was a thread here a couple of months ago when dish switched RFD TV from the public access (?) to a regular subscription channel, due in large part to the the number of cattle auctions bringing in money to RFD TV. I was suprised by the number of people who posted that they watched this station. If RFD TV can add a variety of HD programming, I wouldn't be suprised to see Dish add it. A lot of their programming which I watch is old digitized film, which would look much better rescanned in HD.

Of course, if they become the HD cattle auction channel with stretched SD filler, I would doubt dish would add it.

RFD-TV - Rural America's Most Important Network

There was a thread here a couple of months ago when dish switched RFD TV from the public access (?) to a regular subscription channel, due in large part to the the number of cattle auctions bringing in money to RFD TV. I was suprised by the number of people who posted that they watched this station. If RFD TV can add a variety of HD programming, I wouldn't be suprised to see Dish add it. A lot of their programming which I watch is old digitized film, which would look much better rescanned in HD.

Of course, if they become the HD cattle auction channel with stretched SD filler, I would doubt dish would add it.

RFD-TV - Rural America's Most Important Network

That's kind of what I was thinking they had in mind when they switched. I know it's a 'niche' channel, but by the ad I saw, they've been producing a lot of new HD content for the new channel. Guess we'll just wait and see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)