Don't like Dish's Answers to Locals in HD - Here's an answer

a 3,500 ft set of hills between us and them
That's all? I've got nearly TWICE that between me and the towers. :(

A little boulder named Pikes Peak.

Hey Rob (rdbeyer) - I used to live in Monument. I installed a customer over in Glen Eagle that gets everything OTA with a simple omni-directional outdoor antenna. How about you?

Oh - and Bob (rdinkel) live in Woodland Park - the city ABOVE the clouds. :D

Me, I live 15 miles west of there.

There's several of us SatelliteGuys that live in the Pikes Peak region - we should all get together sometime. :up

intowin said:
can you record two shows at once with an ota antenna and a dvr?
Yes, if you have a 921, 942 or 622 dual tuner receiver with OTA inputs. But only one would be OTA, and the other would be off the satellite.

Yeah I was actually hoping to have JUST the ota antenna because I only watch locals.

So no way to do two shows at one time?

What if I have two dvr's? Can I split the signal one two each of the dvrs? record two shows at once that way?

tia

mdonnelly said:
Yes, if you have a 921, 942 or 622 dual tuner receiver with OTA inputs. But only one would be OTA, and the other would be off the satellite.

You can actually record 3 shows at once with a 942/622. One OTA HD and two Dish SD - at the same time you are watching 2 separate recorded shows on two separate channnels!

sprintcarcrazy said:
The Zenith Silver Sensor, about $20 is the best indoor antenna I have found so far. I laughed the first time I saw it as it looked like a toy.
I bought one of these from ValueElectronics (one of our sponsors), and it works
great for me here in Austin.

LER

intowin said:
Yeah I was actually hoping to have JUST the ota antenna because I only watch locals.

So no way to do two shows at one time?

What if I have two dvr's? Can I split the signal one two each of the dvrs? record two shows at once that way?

tia
Yes you can, that's exactly what I do. I split my antenna feed, one line goes to my 622 and the other to a tuner card in my HTPC. Works great. With my viewing habits, I find having 2 OTA tuners is more useful than 2 SAT tuners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts