Don't Miss the Full Lunar Eclipse Tonight in HD!

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
:) OK, it's not Voom related but it is the ultimate HD experience. From 7-8 pm PST tonight, there will be a full lunar eclipse, so get your butt off the couch and cast a glimpse to the sky and check it out. :yes

Due to clouds, I'll have to wait a few years until the next one.

n0qcu said:
Due to clouds, I'll have to wait a few years until the next one.
It will be dicey in the Pacific Northwest but the forecast is for clearing. I sure hope so since I have visitation with my daughter tonight. :D

It would be fricken cloudy here over Louisville and Southern Indiana. :( Can someone take pics for me? I'm missing the last chance until 2007.

I love Astronomy and this really pisses me off that it's cloudy and I'm missing it. I missed the last one for the same reason.

Taking shots with my sony handycam, will burn to dvd ram, convert and post sometime... last time was in local mountains in Jan...camped out we had a fire going and let it burn down for the main event... was in 30's but it was worth it :) back to the eclipse :) btw moon at about 10 O'clock high about 60 slightly breezy... optimum viewing

dfergie, please post what you are recording!! I would love to see it. I don't see why Scott wouldn't allow it to be posted here. :)

I'll trade ya BFG. The only way I know that we're having a total lunar eclipse is the clouds aren't nearly as bright as they would be on a full moon night.

I live in the country, there are some residence's to the east (and everyone that moves to the country around here has to buy one of those infernal lights) but the pollution is not that bad... started to stay at my camp one more night...(deer season the last 5 days) for the eclipse :) and will try to post later, have to transfer to dvd recorder, then to pc, use power dvd to take screen shots then shrink to fit :) back outside...

I recorded some footage as well, but I don't think it will turn out very well (hand held). We had crystal clear skies, the only night in a 2 week stretch (thank God). I had my daughter and we had a blast watching it. She was at soccer practice at 6 PM and at 6:10 the moon finally cleared the horizon and a bite had already been taken out of the moon. All the girls stopped practicing for about 5 minutes to look at it, pretty cool.

I couldn't find my tripod, mine were hand held... when I transfered to Dvd-ram and watched they were pretty blurry and grainy. (sony Hi8mm)will search through and try to post here if I find any that are good enough. (missed the first part of it also)

I have a Sony Digital 8 and most of it was shot in the digital zoom mode so they will probably turn out grainy. This weekend I'll port it over to the PC and see how it looks. I also have a memory stick in the camera and took quite a few snapshots as I was filming. If I can find any decent ones, I'll post them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)