The Elusive Voom Elliptical Dish

MergaTroy6

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 18, 2004
Long Island, NY
I was going through my comp files and came across this gem. I took this photo a few weeks before Voom folded. (luckily I transferred back to CV just in time). It was photos of the possible models for the Voom elliptical dish.

Attachments

• Voom Dishes.jpg
    Voom Dishes.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 470
Which reminds me: is the launch of the next VOOM satellite still on schedule? :D

What orbital location was the satellite supposed to be in? It looks like it was going to be a lower power ku-bird by the looks of the lnbs.

Do you think it would have been better with VoOm? It would have been interesting to see how that service would have been and it would have been nice to have an alternative.

I wish voom was still around. I was going to sub to them when I found out they were going down. I would like to see another satellite company launch service to make the competition more competitive but I doubt we will see another satellite company launch for along time, if ever. It would be hard for any satellite company to launch a service because of the amount of local markets out there that directv and dish has out there. If another company did launch they would have to offer locals in most of the cities because most people would not give up their service that has locals to one that doesn't, even if the new company had better service.

hdtvtechno said:
look for an Microsoft DBS Service in the near distance future :D :p

You know, that's funny, but I honestly think I'd like see that happen. Can you imagine Charlie and Rupert trying to compete with that?

Good times.

that's true.....

Sony is having enough of a hard time just keeping up with them in the console wars. I'd like to see a satellite DBS involving Microsoft.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts