Rename VoOm Forum to VoOm Programming Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmykce1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
I would like to throw this idea out to all the people who still enjoy coming to the VoOm Forum and suggest having it rename to VoOm Programming Forum. Let me know what you all think about this suggestion.

VoOm Programming still lives on!!!!

VOOM Forum Suggestions

The VOOM Programming Forum was renamed to the VOOM-21 Programming Forum (sub Forum) and placed under the HDTV Programming Forum more than a week ago. Also, the HIGHTECHTV.NET site (currently in beta) has no links to the VOOM Forum. For legacy reasons---and because it serves as the model for SatelliteGuys.us and HIGHTECHTV.net---IMO the VOOM Forum should remain intact and all sub forums and threads closed at some point in the distant future - TBA. Also, IMO three additional active sub forums should be created:

1. Charter Members Chit-Chat
2. VOOM Subscriber Reunion Area
3. VOOM STB OTA Support Issues

I voted no because the VOOM-21 Programming Forum has already been moved.

Riff...

Agreed.
It's time to move on people (Vicki).
All that is left of VOOM is programming.

fksammons said:
Agreed.

We're still in a period of transition.
The Voom forum still serves as a place for subscribers to meet and discuss our unique concerns regarding old and new service.
Because we all need to move along we still need this Voom forum to work out our transition and keep up on the final developments regarding shut down issues.

V21 is needed under HDTV but Voom I believe is still an important forum.

I don't think the forum should be renamed......

I do think that some of the sub-forums are useless because of the shutdown. I think some of the sub-forums within the overall voom forum should be taken down. Most notably would be customer comments, since we are no longer considered customers. Another would be the Voom DVR discussions. There was no DVR released and nobody was able to buy one and therefore that area is now considered to be useless. The other areas could stay as far as I'm concerned. Such areas as "in your area" because people might like to discuss issues in certain reception areas concerning the Voom box. People might need the installation sub-forum because people might need help concerning diplexor issues, etc. Voom Help Desk and latest news could stay because someone might have some important information, especially whenever the new letter from Voom comes out. Also, someone might need help concerning an issue with their set-top box. I think also, though that some of these sub-forums could be condensed down into fewer subforums. For instance, the help desk and the installation forum could become one sub-forum to help people who have set-top boxes with any problems they might have. The Yahoogroups and the chit-chat sub-forums could stay as far as I'm concerned to give people a chance to talk about the good-ole days of HDTV. One sub-forum that might be useful would be adding the Voom 21 Programming to the overall Voom forum that would keep us up-to-date on agreements between cablevision and satellite and cable providers.

We already have a VOOM Programming forum! Here it is:

VOOM-21 Programming Forum

And by the way, the list of all VOOM forums is still on our home page (which is now HDTV Home Page, not just VOOM Home Page). The list of VOOM forums is on the left side at the bottom.

We are going to keep all VOOM forums the way they are for the time being. Eventually, we may merge some of them if there will be not too many posts.

I voted No!!!

I voted No!!!
If you name it something else. I would probably get lost. And couldn't find it.
Besides, I come for the Voom forum. Not the jimmykce 1 forum.

I Voted No also, and Will Address a few other issues...

fksammons said:
Agreed.
fksammons, I'm not at all sure what you think I may have done to offend you, but whether or not I or anyone else moves on should not be an issue for you or jimmykce1 or anyone else.

If we do or don't move on, that's our problem, not yours, unless you choose to make it yours. It appeared to me that jimmykce1 had done just that, by posting in every (then) current thread that it should be moved to the Dish forum. I initially responded to a couple of those threads because it appeared to be intendend to kill the VoOm Vorums...and one thread where he complained about being shut off early, seemed to be just trying to throw cold water on the initial post information.

If that makes me bad…OK...then, I’m BADDDDDDD….

I didn't then, and still don't see any legitimate reason for extinguishing the VoOm forums. Anyone who isn’t still interested in Voom simply doesn’t need to check in here…nobody is twisting your arm, are they? If you’re interested, fine check in, but if your only purpose is to complain (at this late date)…why bother, it won’t change anything…

I think the demise of the VoOm forums (in whatever guise they may exist, should (and undoubtedly will) reside with the management of this site. At the present time, the VoOm forums are still attracting more viewers than Direct, and only slightly fewer than Dish…so as long as people are interested in VoOm, these forums should remain.

I think riffjim’s suggestions and lilyarbie's comments about potential changes are good...but again...the management of this site is probably best qualified to determine those issues.

Last, but not least, Lob…I don’t even know what you were talking about…maybe I really was asleep…

Vicki

I think everyone understands that the VOOM Forum now is about VOOM programming and not a former existence of some kind. My VOOM box and dish are in my garage now. Yet I'm still VOOMING on the 10 channels we have now even though it is on DISH. We don't have to constantly re-define and re-invent ourselves before discussing some topic. Keep It Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)