Who has seen a VOOM dish?

1080iBeVuMin said:
Have you ever seen a VOOM dish where you had nothing to do with it?
Based on the numbers of subscribers, on average, one out of 500 sat. dishes is VOOM... ;)

txdude said:
:shocked I take it you are not at the mercy of a Home Owners Association :cool:

HOA can't say anything :)

I'm part of one and with 7 dishes, they would have had a coronary by now :d

The 18" dish I was supplied with by Voom did not have the Voom logo and I used my already existing 24" for my Voom service.

When I had my 18 Inch Dish It had voOm On it ... But when voOm upgraded me to an 24 inch dish it is plain grey.. Hey I am wondering if voOm would send me a Decal that would fit My Dish, even one that fits the 18 inch dish would work...
Been voOm since Feb 2004.......

Yep, same here so I suppose most VOOMers along the West...

Dog6869 said:
When I had my 18 Inch Dish It had voOm On it ... But when voOm upgraded me to an 24 inch dish it is plain grey.. Hey I am wondering if voOm would send me a Decal that would fit My Dish, even one that fits the 18 inch dish would work...
Been voOm since Feb 2004.......

Coast don't have antennas with VOOM written on them. To bad really as it is very cheap advertising but they were caught with their pants donw on this one as they had assumed 18" would be fine not and had to churn out a bunch quickly. A decal would be great but not sure they would send an installer out to put one on our steep 2nd floor roof.

However, still enjoying logoless VOOM under partly sunny Seattle skies, Gill

1080iBeVuMin said:
I have never seen a VOOM dish anywhere besides my own house. And, believe me, I look at rooftops all the time as I am driving, always looking for that VOOM logo! Still waiting to spot my first random VOOM dish! :shocked

Have you ever seen a VOOM dish where you had nothing to do with it? You didn't refer a friend, etc. Just spotted a random VOOM dish somewhere??

I would be very surprised if any of you were able to say "Yes!" :smug But I hope somebody here can!

Well, it's taken until there's only a week of Voom left, but I've finally spotted a Voom dish other than my own...two, actually!

The first I saw was while I was enjoying the springlike weather of last weekend on a neighborhood bike ride. When I was about a block north of 8 Mile I spotted that familiar off-air antenna (Stealth?) on a roof and circled back to satisfy my curiosity. Sure enough, Voom! Kinda wanted to stop in, say "hey", and commiserate on the impending doom but figured I probably would be thrown if someone did that to me so I passed.

The other one was during my first week back at work (again blame the springlike weather!). I installed a dude's sprinker system and actually cut the coax from his Voom dish ( :shocked ). I'm sure there's a very special place reserved in Hell for Voomers who cut other Voomers' Voom lines with only a week of Vooming left. In my defense, it wasn't marked and I had no idea it was there -- the dish and antenna were well-hidden on the side of his garage where we weren't installing anything, and the line went under his driveway (I think) and brickpaver sidewalk (not exactly standard Installs Inc procedure). Luckily, the guy was a cable man of sorts himself and was able to fix it with no problem, so I didn't feel too badly about it. But I'm still not looking forward to my special reservation in Hell. :D

PS. The "springlike" weather has somehow turned to snow! Hopefully, the ol' unemployment account is still active! :p

Well, TheTimm, if you can't get VOOM here maybe...

TheTimm said:
Well, it's taken until there's only a week of Voom left, but I've finally spotted a Voom dish other than my own...two, actually!

The first I saw was while I was enjoying the springlike weather of last weekend on a neighborhood bike ride. When I was about a block north of 8 Mile I spotted that familiar off-air antenna (Stealth?) on a roof and circled back to satisfy my curiosity. Sure enough, Voom! Kinda wanted to stop in, say "hey", and commiserate on the impending doom but figured I probably would be thrown if someone did that to me so I passed.

The other one was during my first week back at work (again blame the springlike weather!). I installed a dude's sprinker system and actually cut the coax from his Voom dish ( :shocked ). I'm sure there's a very special place reserved in Hell for Voomers who cut other Voomers' Voom lines with only a week of Vooming left. In my defense, it wasn't marked and I had no idea it was there -- the dish and antenna were well-hidden on the side of his garage where we weren't installing anything, and the line went under his driveway (I think) and brickpaver sidewalk (not exactly standard Installs Inc procedure). Luckily, the guy was a cable man of sorts himself and was able to fix it with no problem, so I didn't feel too badly about it. But I'm still not looking forward to my special reservation in Hell. :D

PS. The "springlike" weather has somehow turned to snow! Hopefully, the ol' unemployment account is still active! :p

you can get VOOM in Hell so maybe cutting the coax was a good idea?

Still enjoying HDTV under mostly cloudy skies with showers on the way in Seattle, Gill

TheTimm said:
...I'm sure there's a very special place reserved in Hell for Voomers who cut other Voomers' Voom lines with only a week of Vooming left...
Clever line!

Timm, spotting 2 random dishes in the last week has got to be some kind of omen. Tell me, have you been through Roswell lately?

Thanks for posting! :D

1080iBeVuMin said:
Timm, spotting 2 random dishes in the last week has got to be some kind of omen. Tell me, have you been through Roswell lately?
:D
No, but on a road trip once I went out of my way to spend a night in Roswell so I could watch the show Roswell while in Roswell.
Maybe it took a while to catch up with me, due to the weirdness of that action.

I have Been voOming since Feb 2004 and my Dish did Say voOm on it at first then I had voOm upgrade me to a larger dish, and it does not say voOm on it....... Living here in the south you have to have a larger dish for all the rain and thunderstorms that we have down here.....

Same here. Upgraded antenna doesn't even say "VOOM"!

Dog6869 said:
I have Been voOming since Feb 2004 and my Dish did Say voOm on it at first then I had voOm upgrade me to a larger dish, and it does not say voOm on it....... Living here in the south you have to have a larger dish for all the rain and thunderstorms that we have down here.....

And, of course, in Seattle we have heavy rain-37 inches a year!-which convinced VOOM we needed the 24"er. Actually, the need is for all the heavy clouds between us and the sat which barely peeks over the Cascade mountains.

Still enjoying HDTV under mostly cloudy Seattle skies, Gill

I have only seen one in Indianapolis and it is setting in my shed. I put up a 30" dish shortly after TYORK installed my system last year.

I've seen 1 or 2 voom dishes around here. Most the people here have BUD's or just 32" or larger unbranded dishes that look like their dinged up quite a bit. A lot of people here use satellite and I've seen a lot more dish network than directv dishes here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)