downconverting HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

raithfan

Original poster
Dec 9, 2013
US
thinking of switching...I see that DirecTV doesn't have a separate HD lineup like Cox. I notice many channels listed as "HD". Do they downconvert HD siginal to SD if you have an SD set in the house. Not a techie so I hope I'm using the right words.... thanks!

Directv boxes have native or you can force resolution. When you connect it to a tv and it boots, its senses the resolutions the display will do. So if you watch a 720p channel on a 480p tv, it will output 480p.

Directv boxes have native or you can force resolution. When you connect it to a tv and it boots, its senses the resolutions the display will do. So if you watch a 720p channel on a 480p tv, it will output 480p.
THANKS!!! So I gues you are saying "yes":)

thinking of switching...I see that DirecTV doesn't have a separate HD lineup like Cox. I notice many channels listed as "HD". Do they downconvert HD siginal to SD if you have an SD set in the house. Not a techie so I hope I'm using the right words.... thanks!

Please make sure you let them know you have SD TVs. The modern DirecTV set top boxes do not have 75 ohm coax (regular cable) outputs. The options are HDMI, Component, or Composite, with the latter two requiring an accessory cable.

Reactions: harshness
Use an old dvr, who doesn't have one on a closet shelf?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)