Downgrade From Platinum HD Experience

ae4ac

SatelliteGuys Family
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 12, 2007
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
Ten year+ subscriber and have had the HD Ultimate/Platinum $20 add on package for about a year. Finally decided to save the $10 bucks a month and cut back to the Gold package. Called and got an "American" speaking :D CSR in W. Virginia who was very congenial and asked no questions about my wanting to downgrade.

The problem was that his computer was telling him that I would need a new dish to change programming. :confused: I have had HD for a long time and wanted to turn some of it off, not add anything. I already had the right equipment He knew that I did not need any hardware changes, but it took him about 20 minutes to get the computer overriden after putting me on and off hold several times. Should have taken about 2 minutes!! I can imagine what it would have been like if I had gotten a CSR the other side of the world that knew nothing except how to read the computer script in broken English! I sometimes wonder how they get anything straight.

In all of my recent contacts with the CSR's I have been able to eventually get things done but all of them have required staying on the telephone for much longer than should have been necessary. They could save a lot of wages for CSR's if they would just be able to get it right instead of taking so long. They really need to work on their customer service.

Oh well, thats my rant for the day :)

G Luis

SatelliteGuys Family
Jun 1, 2005
Down the road a piece
Ran into a similar experience when the Big10 Network was "removed" nationally. I had a bear of a time getting it back on and I'm only a short drive North of Columbus, OH.

One thick Indian accented individual told me my receiver would need to be replaced. Blood pressure spiked a few points on that one.

Finally got a level 2 tech who fixed it in a minute.

Mo Fly

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 4, 2008
when i look at "my programming" online, under the HD section it has gold checked and platinum hd checked ($10 each). if i wanted to cancel the platinum hd, can i do it online by unchecking the box and clicking on the cancel button? or do i have to call dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts