downgrade from Swm 5 to non swm 3 lnb

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vanhorn5378

Original poster
May 5, 2013
north carolina
I want to know if I can temporarily downgrade because a tech can't come til Thurs and I have a very hyper 4 year old and impatient wife lol my daughter isn't quite 2 so she don't care lol I have an old 3 lnb dish still set up a few feet away and one box is an HD DVR but the other 2 are just like what was on the old dish any help would be appreciated

I want to know if I can temporarily downgrade because a tech can't come til Thurs and I have a very hyper 4 year old and impatient wife lol my daughter isn't quite 2 so she don't care lol I have an old 3 lnb dish still set up a few feet away and one box is an HD DVR but the other 2 are just like what was on the old dish any help would be appreciated

You have a SWM5 in place ?
Whats wrong with it, why can't you use it ?

:welcome to Satelliteguys vanhorn5378!

I can't understand what it is you are asking. Can you repost using some punctuation?

:welcome to Satelliteguys vanhorn5378!

I can't understand what it is you are asking. Can you repost using some punctuation?

Yes, it is confusing ...
From what I could tell, he wants to go from a SWM 5 to a Non Swm set up till the D tech gets there ?

He hasn't responded to my question above yet .... so I'm not sure.

If he has a working SWM set up, that dish should handle all of the recvrs he's trying to use as long as they are typical recvrs.
Not sure why he'd want to go abck, unless the SWM5 isn't pointed correctly and the other one is.

I responded right after he posted and he was still online at the time, I waited around and never got a response, moved on.

That's what I was thinking since he said old 3 lnb dish, but I'm just not sure.

Lets assume this is the case since the op has not returned to clarify.

If you have lines running from a "tripsat" dish or "18x20" sd dish that is properly peaked, you will receive programming on your hddvr from the 101, 110, and 119 sats. This does NOT include any hd programming. You can hook the receivers up to this old dish and run "repeate satellite setup" to get basic programming for now yes.

When your tech arrives to repeak or fix you existing issues he must repeat sat setup again under the proper dish configuration.

If you are coming from swm, when you reboot the receivers on your "old dish" they will freeze at "searching for satellite signal". Press menu, then settings, then satellite, the repeat sat setup. Change dish type to oval (18x20) then select 02 multiswitch.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts