Downsizing help

medmanamtk

Original poster
Dec 25, 2004
Hello everyone,

I've been watching this board for over a year now and have learned a lot from all of the different posts. Now it is time for my first post.

I am trying to consolidate some of my equipment and reduce some fees on my bill.

I have 3 receivers; 508 in bedroom, 510 and an 811 (that hardly gets used) in the family room. I would like to replace all three receivers with one. From what I understand my two options are the 625 for SD or the 622 for HD.

I have a 50" Panasonic LCD projection in the family room. We do not use the 811 much because we like the dvr, and we do not subscribe to HD programing.

My current charges for this month are:

DISH Network DVR Service Fee- $5.98
Digital Home Plan with AT 120, 1 RCVR, Locals- $49.99
Leased Receiver Fee- $5.00
Leased Receiver Fee- $5.00
WPIX- $1.50
State/Local Tax- $7.90

Total $75.37

I would like to go to the 622. We have an OTA antenna to pick up the locals in HD.

Which charges would be eliminated by going to the 622 and the Silver HD package?

I am going to drop the WPIX. Is it possible to drop the locals and just use the OTA antenna for reception?

Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

none the curent fees will just get a new name!! although the 622 will work on two tv's, i prefer to get the max preformance out of each tv. by useing it for a single tv you get pic-in-pic and other minor features.

I guess State/Local taxes depend on where you live (except for some items).

I own my 622 and here are my Monthly charges.

Dish Network DVR ServiceFee 5.98
DishHD Silver W/Locals 64.99
Account Charges $70.97

I have Korean Package, but it was paid by annual subscription.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)