DP 72000 blues w/ 16917

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
Since the last update my 7200 has been acting up. I get episodes of pixelization and after the unit has been off it often shows that it need to retrieve satellite signal for a few moments.

Yesterday it displayed that for over five minutes. I ran a switch check. It told me that it could not find the switch. It still tried to download guide data but froze after 10 minutes. The unit could not be placed in standby mode and would not accept commands. I unpluggged it and it would go to a blank ecreen but woulkd stubbornly refuse to accept commnads. I unplugged it a few times for several minutes always the same result.

Finally I unplugged it for several hours and it powered up normally. It ran a switch check and all has been fine since.

I hate changes to this platform.

I understand that you say the last update caused this, but the symptoms sure point to a signal feed problem. I'd check connections, signal strength, etc. and see if you find something.

I should have mentioned that I diod all this. It also seems to be fine since. And my 508 is fune. If it does recur I will try another receiver in it splace for a day or so. But I have never had a problem with signal stop the unit for turning off.

It has been over 24 hours now and no recurrence. I know it sounds wacko but my experience (anecdotal) is that s/w changes cause problems. Hopefully it will be ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)