DP Plus Digital LNBF

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Larrykay

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 30, 2005
Have a VIP 622 and a 942 receiver hooked up with one Dish pointing at 110 & 119 and a secound dish pointing at 61.5. all of this is going thru a Dish Pro Plus Twin LNBF. Alls fine on the VIP 622 no problems. Now the 942 keeps giving me code 015 error message , sometimes its sat. 110 and sometimes its sat. 119 never 61.5 have checked all the wiring seems to be good, swiched out the seperator with a new one still getting the error message. when i do a check switch I'll have x's on 110 &119 but never on 61.5 other times check switch shows good across the board. Could it be my DP Plus is going bad? or mayby the 942 receiver? The DP Plus seems warm to the touch is this normal? I'm also getting LNB drift on 110&119 around -7 or 8. Sorry to make this so long but its giving me fits. Hate to call Dish and try to explain problem to a call center off shore. Thought I would try here first.
Thanks

Have a VIP 622 and a 942 receiver hooked up with one Dish pointing at 110 & 119 and a secound dish pointing at 61.5. all of this is going thru a Dish Pro Plus Twin LNBF. Alls fine on the VIP 622 no problems. Now the 942 keeps giving me code 015 error message , sometimes its sat. 110 and sometimes its sat. 119 never 61.5 have checked all the wiring seems to be good, swiched out the seperator with a new one still getting the error message. when i do a check switch I'll have x's on 110 &119 but never on 61.5 other times check switch shows good across the board. Could it be my DP Plus is going bad? or mayby the 942 receiver? The DP Plus seems warm to the touch is this normal? I'm also getting LNB drift on 110&119 around -7 or 8. Sorry to make this so long but its giving me fits. Hate to call Dish and try to explain problem to a call center off shore. Thought I would try here first.
Thanks
That's the key ! Find old thread "LNB Drift", there is posted official Dish paper (PDF). Read it and call Dish, complain about the problem with LNB drift and insist to replace the DPP Twin.

Well I switched 622 & 942 hookups and still get the same problem on the 942, looks like it may be the tuners going bad in the 942. The 622 shows LNB drift problem but the 942 dos'nt. Strange. What do you guys think?
Thanks

Have you unplugged your 622 for about 2-3 minutes plug it back in power it up. Then go to your menu do the more info and see if you are still getting the error. If you are then found out which LNB it is like 110 or 119 and get that LNB replaced. Once you get it replaced your receiver should report status as "Good". Anyway hope this helps.

Well I switched 622 & 942 hookups and still get the same problem on the 942, looks like it may be the tuners going bad in the 942. The 622 shows LNB drift problem but the 942 dos'nt. Strange. What do you guys think?
Thanks
Different software, we don't have straight facts what versions support checks for 'LNBF drift'.

Thats what it looks like to me, This is a leased 942 what would Dish do in a way of a replacement?
Thanks

If you don't have the protection plan, get it. $5.99/month.
Service call would be $29.00 instead of $99 and they would replace or send you a new one.
You can cancel the plan after the problem is resolved.
If you have the plan call them. They will run you through some manipulations, but when you get to that you switched and give them the results, they may just go ahead and send you the replacement and a box to return the other one.
Return the other one PROMPTLY or they will charge you for it.

High Def Jeff
Home

To the OP: just for poops and grins, have you tried refreshing the checkswitch matrix? With these receivers, sometimes all that is needed is a good ol'-fashioned b*tch-slap across it's internal memory. That may clear things up.

Well I installed a new LNB that I got from Dishstore Instead of going thru hoops with Dishnetworks Tech support, much easier to buy the part than getting them to replace something. Everything went fine but still getting LNB drift, but its a few points less than before. Also seems to have cleared up the problem I was having with the check switch. Mayby it wasn't the receiver will give it a few days to see what happens.

OMG your right. My mistake. Just like the stock market when they say dropped a few points they really mean dropped a few dollars I guess there wrong also. I was just trying to make a point and keep it simple. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts