DP Plus Twin LNB with DP34 switch??? HELP!!!!

visiter555

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Pembina, ND
I have a new DP Plus twin LNB (replacement for a flaky DPro twin). I will be connecting it to my existing DP34 switch. I am only connecting to 110/119 and have no intention of adding another location at this time.

Does the DP34 switch work with the DP Plus LNB? According to Dish's tech supoort area it is an unsupported config, but as we all know Dish has been in error once or twice...LOL

Thanks!

Wilson

Sure it will work... if your lucky. And then only for a few weeks at most. Dishnetwork is correct this time around. I just got done with a service call for exactly this reason. Someone fed a DPP into a DP34. Both 110 and 119 were getting red x's despite strong signal strength.

I'd highly recommend against it. You'll just waste your time in the end. Stay away from DPP if you can help it. :up

ZandarKoad said:
Sure it will work... if your lucky. And then only for a few weeks at most. ...
I must be lucky, and for more than a few weeks. My DP34 has worked with the DPP Twin for 9 months now, feeding four receivers. Most people wouldn't bother with that configuration, since the DP Twin costs less than the DPP, but I am the living proof that it can work

why not get 2 DP duals and save more money?? using a DPP twin in this situation isn't necessary save 60 bucks and put in a couple of duals

Ah well, there you have it: 100% inconclusive :) Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. And it's not necessarily just about how many recievers you have hooked up. The system it failed on for me had a 625, 211, and a 311.

Dish Dude said:
why not get 2 DP duals and save more money?? using a DPP twin in this situation isn't necessary save 60 bucks and put in a couple of duals

Because I got the plus by mistake and it actually cost less than the standard Pro at a dealer who was getting out of Dish. I ended up with several of them at $20 each. And when I got home found they were DPP. I called the guy back and he said who cares, just keep them and enjoy...OOPs!

Guess I'll end up paying for that savings by having to buy the #@$^ DPP switch!

visiter555 said:
Because I got the plus by mistake and it actually cost less than the standard Pro at a dealer who was getting out of Dish. I ended up with several of them at $20 each. And when I got home found they were DPP. I called the guy back and he said who cares, just keep them and enjoy...OOPs!

Guess I'll end up paying for that savings by having to buy the #@$^ DPP switch!

Can you say "e-bay"???

rich88 said:
Can you say "e-bay"???

Yea, the dealer was in SD (store front NOT E-Bay) and is probably not interested in my returning them as he was getting out of Dish and satellites in general now. Guess I can post them and get DP Twins somewhere in my travels...now I regret not buying more of the Radio Shack clearance T311 systems at $49 each!!

311 IRD, Dish 500 and a DP Twin...LOL!!!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)