DP Quad and Dual Tuners

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Howard Moe

Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
Can a DP Quad LNB be used to feed four dual tuner recievers by using a a single cable from each of the LNB connections to a seperator at each receiver? The receivers are 322's, in this case. If so, which seperator would I use. I'm somewhat confused about DP and DP +.

I want to expand on a DP Pro Twin Dual single dish with two 322 receiver installation.

No. DP Quad isn't DPP technology.

You can feed two 322s with one DPP Twin, using a DP Separator at both receivers. They should come in the box with the receiver.

Looking again at your OP, you want four 322s, each with one line from the dish/switch. There are two ways to do that.

1) Add another dish with a DPP Twin, and run the two lines to the two new receivers, or

2) Get a DPP44 switch, run the lines from the twin to the inputs, and run the four outputs to the four 322s.

Oh yeah, I forgot: :welcome

Should have added you can stay with one dish and not spend as much as a DPP44 by getting 2 DP34 switches. Each 322 would need 2 lines (2 322s on each DP34).

Thanks to all for the information and resource links.

If anyone is still watching this thread, I have a final question; is there enough power to supply two DP34's and would there be any degradtion to the feed?

Thanks, again.

Thanks to all for the information and resource links.

If anyone is still watching this thread, I have a final question; is there enough power
to supply two DP34's and would there be any degradtion to the feed?

Thanks, again.
Yes. See the "special considerations" for the DP34 from the
Dish Tech Portal:

HTML:
    *  Can only be used with DISH Pro LNBFs (DISH Pro Twin LNBF for two orbital 
locations (110° and 119°), DISH Pro Twin LNBF with a DISH Pro Single LNBF for three 
orbital locations or up to three DISH Pro Single LNBFs).
    * When used with a DISH Pro Twin, the LNBF operates in its default state: one port 
provides 110° and one port provides 119°. Either port of the DISH Pro Twin can be 
connected to any two LNBF ports of the DP34 Switch.
    * Tuner Outputs: DISH 301 and DISH 501 have one tuner, and would use one DP34 tuner 
output; DISH 721 has two tuners, and would use two DP34 tuner outputs.
    * Up to three DP34 Switches can be "trunked" together, for connections up to twelve tuner 
inputs (12 single-tuner receivers (DISH 301 or DISH 501), or a combination of single-tuner 
receivers and two-tuner receivers (DishPVR 721).
    * There must be at least one DISH Pro receiver (or a legacy receiver with a DISH Pro Adapter) 
connected to the switch at all times to provide power. The receiver can be connected to any 
receiver port on the DP34 Switch.
    * DISH Pro Installations can support up to 200' RG-6 cable lengths, from the LNBFs to the 
furthest receiver. DP34 Switches can be placed anywhere in the installation, but placement 
closer to the receivers is recommended.
    * Two styles of DP34 Switches will be sold. Both switches provide identical features and 
functionality, but have different exterior cosmetics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts